8/7 @Toronto

eddie83

4 runs and 6 hits in 15 innings against the team with the 3rd highest ERA in the league. Games like these are why the offense seems so much worse than the overall numbers. 

9 hits the first 2 games combined in Cleveland. Scoreless against SD on Saturday until the 7th when they were down 8-0. 3 runs on 4 hits the Wednesday game in Miami. 5 hits and 2 runs the last game in Texas. That’s 7 out of 19 games since the ASB where the offense has been pretty much non competitive. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Imagine a throw to a LH second baseman on a double play grounder. 

Every ball you have to turn your body before you throw.  

I never played the game so to me it's still not very clear. What I can imagine is that if you are a lefty infielder, the runner is coming towards you on the basepath from your throwing side, which could be a problem.

15 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Like I said.  It is embarrassing how such old looking fat guys are allowed to umpire (blame the Ump union) and why so many MLB managers look like old fat guys.  Compare that to the current NFL and soccer coaches around the world?

It is comparable.  No players these days, who spend all year staying in shape, respect old fat guys. 

Lol there are a bunch of old fat NFL coaches. Including the best coach in the NFL

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Not pitching or hitting aside.  When  is the last time an Os player came through with a game winning or even a go ahead HR?

Adley being the latest example.

The team sucks.

Santander hit a go ahead home run in this very game

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It’s awful. And before someone can point to the runs per game average since the ASB like it means something, these types of game seem to happen far too often…getting shut down by pitchers who just aren’t very good or aren’t having a good season. It’d be one thing if we got shut down by someone’s ace…but Bassitt? He’s been bad this year and terrible lately. Francis??? Cmon. 

We have scored 2 runs of less 23 times which is fewest of any team by 2.  I posted the data few days back and league average is actually 32 times.  So no it doesn’t happen much for us compared to other teams in fact it happens the least of anyone.  

4 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

I hope Mayo plays every inning rest of the season of the experience. This season clearly isn’t going to end in a trophy. Probably not even a playoff berth. And that’s ok. These guys are still young.

So you’re betting against our 98% chance at making the playoffs?

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Adley just wants to uppercut everything.

When batters develop that habit they usually slump. They have to work out of it by swinging more on a level plane. It's too easy for the bat head to develop a dip/hitch in the middle of a swing. Which is something Robinson Chironos had in his swing and why he wasn't a very good hitter.