Why I loved last night’s win

Frobby

I had the exact same sentiment.  I realized that I have been taking great defense for granted and in the last few weeks that simply disappeared.  I also loved the way Eflin was shaping his pitches and seemed to be right in sync with McCann.  Slugging is great but a well pitched, well defended game is beautiful to watch.  

I enjoyed our overall performance last night too. Elfin throws strikes and doesnt lose his poise or command.Our defense was solid, and the hitting was dominant. But remember,this is an extremely weak hitting Rays lineup, this may not have been the same kind of game against the Yankees or Red Sox lineup. That said, I was happy with the performance and never felt worried about the outcome, which was a start difference in many games in the last six weeks.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I enjoyed our overall performance last night too. Elfin throws strikes and doesnt lose his poise or command.Our defense was solid, and the hitting was dominant. But remember,this is an extremely weak hitting Rays lineup, this may not have been the same kind of game against the Yankees or Red Sox lineup. That said, I was happy with the performance and never felt worried about the outcome, which was a start difference in many games in the last six weeks.

@Roy Firestone, you of all people (being the eternal optimist that you are) know that we have to beat the teams we should beat to win the division. The performances in Toronto and Miami in recent weeks are examples of the team allowing inferior talent to beat them. The O's should have won both of those series but they didn't. We need momentum when Boston comes into town and hopefully the series against Tampa and Washington will provide that.