Vance Honeycutt

wildcard

30 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Looked as if he came out early Friday and didn't play tonight. I wonder if something happened.

I know they have a lot of players to play, so most players don't play every day.  Minor league rosters are a lot bigger than the majors.  I think some of the lower minors teams might have 35 or more players.  Can't just play the top prospects.  This isn't the majors.  Regardless, I hope he's not hurt. 

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I know they have a lot of players to play, so most players don't play every day.  Minor league rosters are a lot bigger than the majors.  I think some of the lower minors teams might have 35 or more players.  Can't just play the top prospects.  This isn't the majors.  Regardless, I hope he's not hurt. 

Yea but most of the higher picked draftees seem to be playing most, if not every, day. 

Its certainly odd that he was pulled early and then didn’t play the next day.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hopefully he'll be promoted to Aberdeen soon.  Aren't some of those games on MILB?  Plus more likely that some people will go to those games.

Actually the Carolina League has pretty good coverage, just not where they played last week. He plays at home tonight so it should be our first look.

So I've watched a few of his at bats and there is certainly miss in that swing. I can see why there were questions on whether he can overcome them. 

Now, saying that, he very well may be a guy that needs an offseason of professional tutelage in the Orioles system so I wouldn't get too caught up in the lack of numbers and strikeouts.  

Jud Fabian, who has huge whiff issues still, slashed .386/.481/.841/1.322 with an 8 BB to 9 K ratio in 52 PAs in Delmarva before getting moved to Aberdeen, but of course he did get his feet wet in the FCL. 

Either way, not a great start for the 1st round pick, but hopefully he's just rusty because he signed so late.