Orioles vs. Yankees 4/8/09 game 2

jerios55

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did they take out Koji?

Pie looks like he is just going through the motions. Not impressed...

What on earth makes you say that?

He was slow going back on that ball because he initially broke in. It was a mistake, not lack of effort.

I've been fairly encouraged by him so far. He'll get it in the field once he figures out the angles. He was aggressive in the first at-bat and just missed a dinger. He was patient in his second at-bat and drew a walk. He started his third at-bat well but got fooled badly by two straight changeups.

The big thing he'll have to work on is pitch recognition, laying off the offspeed stuff, being able to hit with two strikes, etc. It will take time. We already knew that he would struggle with that early.

Patience...

Okay, one of those tiny differences between Zaun and Ramon that makes a huge difference...

On that foul ball, Zaun charged it even though it was foul. Ramon would've watched it.

Nice play, Mel-Mo!!!

What on earth makes you say that?

He was slow going back on that ball because he initially broke in. It was a mistake, not lack of effort.

I've been fairly encouraged by him so far. He'll get it in the field once he figures out the angles. He was aggressive in the first at-bat and just missed a dinger. He was patient in his second at-bat and drew a walk. He started his third at-bat well but got fooled badly by two straight changeups.

The big thing he'll have to work on is pitch recognition, laying off the offspeed stuff, being able to hit with two strikes, etc. It will take time. We already knew that he would struggle with that early.

Patience...

My entire post had a lot to do with instant gratification. I just didn't like seeing him flail at those change ups.

Wonder how long before we get some Japanese guys showing up here when Koji starts?

If you're out there, come on in. Don't be shy. We don't speak English worth a damn either...

I was just going to say that I saw several Asians in the crowd tonight. Seemed like more than usual.

I was trying to imagine what it would be like if I lived in a foreign country and an American came to play in a professional sport. Would I be excited? Probably.

Archived