The Mets series, 8/19-21

Frobby

26 minutes ago, gallden said:

I think the next 7-10 days are when we firmly cement our place as a WC team. I’ll gladly eat crow. 

I’m increasingly concerned that our only route in may be to win division and I don’t feel good about that.  Minn could easily overtake us this week.   One plus is that KC has a brutal Sept schedule 

I think we can agree that there are way too many problems on this team to do anything in playoffs anyway.  Elias has a lot of work to do this winter 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Any hope that Rogers can be placed on the IL, so we don't have to repeat this in 5 days?  It seems like something is wrong w/ his diminished velocity.  At least the results were better today, but still not good enough.

Rogers needs to be optioned to Norfolk tomorrow and replaced by Brandon Young and see what he’s got. See ya next spring Rogers   

Kimbrel needs to be DFA’d yesterday and replaced by  Cole Irvin.  

When Povich’s 15 days are up, add him as September call up.  

1 minute ago, Wavetrapper said:

Rogers needs to be optioned to Norfolk tomorrow and replaced by Brandon Young and see what he’s got. See ya next spring Rogers   

Kimbrel needs to be DFA’d yesterday and replaced by  Cole Irvin.  

When Povich’s 15 days are up, add him as September call up.  

I agree.  Kimbrel can't be trusted in high leverage situations and can only be trusted in low leverage situations an inning at a time, 2 or 3 times a week.  He's literally the least useful reliever the O's have.

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I agree.  Kimbrel can't be trusted in high leverage situations and can only be trusted in low leverage situations an inning at a time, 2 or 3 times a week.  He's literally the least useful reliever the O's have.

It’s hard to acknowledge when you have made an expensive mistake.  But he can’t be trusted in any situation and is using up a roster spot.   Time to face the truth here and move on 

32 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Recency bias 4-11 vs LH starters.  Two more LH starters by Mets await. 

Likely another night of frustration on the game thread tomorrow when we’ve scored 1 run on 3 hits in 6 innings against a washed up veteran. And people defending the offense because our averages are still good this week for runs scored because we scored 10 last Friday. Rinse and repeat.