Roster moves 8-22-24 (3 up, 3 down)

eddie83

• eddie83 changed the title to Roster moves 8-22-24 (3 up, 3 down)

Adding Rivera (which I totally don't get unless Urias is hurt), Vespi, and Bowman (on his what 4th team this year?) doesn't make me feel better about this team. 

Why demote Selby who has actually pitched well?

• Upvote 2

Optioning Rogers is the right move. They need to start on whatever more dramatic fixes they have planned, the small ones they could do in-season clearly are not enough. He also just may need some rest and recovery to help find some velo. I hope they aren’t just sticking him right into the AAA rotation on regular turns - should be a Sarasota pitching lab stint like Wells and Hall last year. 

Just now, CaptainRedbeard said:

I think just for the fresh arms. 

Yeah, I get that reasoning, but seems like he gave them 1.2 innings from the right side and just needs a day or two at most off. I guess Bowman vs Selby is probably not much different and Bowman hasn't pitched since the 18th.

I think this means that Brandon Young is getting slotted into the rotation. I can’t imagine they want to keep rolling with Irvin as the #5.

Whenever Young’s next turn is, option Bowman/Vespi and shift Irvin to the pen. The other of Bowman/Vespi will continue to be the Norfolk shuttle for fresh arms until Webb is back. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm assuming Rivera allows Urias to move to second and gives Holliday a day off against a lefty. 

So our 7-8-9 hitters Sunday will probably be Urias, Rivera, McCann, get tickets while you still can

• Haha 1