The Royals

Baseball fandom

The Royals lost 106 games and 97 games in 2023 and 22 meanwhile those same years the Orioles have found success  but here we are the  Royals are already celebrating more playoff success then Baltimore has. It's  frustrating, pathetic and sad how bad this team has been in the playoffs. 10 straight loses is choking at its finest especially when you can make a case the Orioles were the more talented team during this stretch. Well maybe the Blue Jays were better the year they beat the Orioles. Maybe

1 hour ago, Baseball fandom said:

The Royals lost 106 games and 97 games in 2023 and 22 meanwhile those same years the Orioles have found success  but here we are the  Royals are already celebrating more playoff success then Baltimore has. It's  frustrating, pathetic and sad how bad this team has been in the playoffs. 10 straight loses is choking at its finest especially when you can make a case the Orioles were the more talented team during this stretch. Well maybe the Blue Jays were better the year they beat the Orioles. Maybe

I can no longer say the Orioles are more talented.   There is enough of a sample size out there to show who the Orioles are, and that is largely mediocre major league players with OPS within 10% od league average,  with Henderson being the exception.   They are an average team that rode a hot two months to a playoff spot and then scored 1 run in 18 innings.  

• Upvote 2

They're not good.  No sour grapes or me being a bitter Betty, the Royals aren't a good baseball team.   As disappointing as last year was at least TEX was a talented team on a heater.

I'm happy whenever the Yankees lose but I kind of want them to sweep KC, not that I really have much against the Royals, I just want our guys to truly understand what apitiful performance that was. 

20 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

They're not good.  No sour grapes or me being a bitter Betty, the Royals aren't a good baseball team.   As disappointing as last year was at least TEX was a talented team on a heater.

I'm happy whenever the Yankees lose but I kind of want them to sweep KC, not that I really have much against the Royals, I just want our guys to truly understand what apitiful performance that was. 

No, they’re good. 

I mean, they’re good enough. And what they really are, is boring.  Outside of Bobby Witt Jr., there’s nothing exciting about that team. 

They signed a bunch of boring free agents like Lugo and Wacha, guys that we sneered at because they don’t have “elite” stuff.  And all Lugo and Wacha did were turn in boringly great seasons.  

I’m sure their fans aren’t blowing each other over and over again about how great their farm system is and filling out make believe lineups on fielding 1-9 100% home grown talent. 

They rely on pitching and defense.  Shouldn’t be a foreign concept to Orioles fans that remember the good old days, but it seems like it is. 

No, the Royals are good. They’re just boring. No superstars outside of Witt, Salvy and maybe Ragans. They play in a boring city and a boring ballpark in front of boring fans.  Their farm system is boring. 

Meanwhile we’re over here saying how great we should be because of Jackson Holliday and Coby Mayo and Heston Kjerstad and Adley Rutschman and Gunnar Henderson and all this youth and talent that’s going to have us winning all the time and life is going to be so great.  Can’t be bothered to sign guys like Lugo and Wacha, those guys aren’t elite enough for our amazing window of talent!

We’re like the definition of being born on third base and thinking we’ve hit a triple. 

Edited by Moose Milligan