Jose Offerman- Wow!

backwardsk

Hasn't Offerman done hothead things in the past in the MLB?

Here's more from the knucklehead....(credit to Mike Ashmore's A.L. blog)...

They're Making It Up: According to a Connecticut Post article, Ducks INF Jose Offerman is now claiming that he did not hit Matt Beech and John Nathans with his bat.

"The catcher just made it up that I hit him in the back of the head and I didn't hit the pitcher either," Offerman told the paper.

They're Making It Up: According to a Connecticut Post article, Ducks INF Jose Offerman is now claiming that he did not hit Matt Beech and John Nathans with his bat.

"The catcher just made it up that I hit him in the back of the head and I didn't hit the pitcher either," Offerman told the paper.

Oh yeah, he just HAPPENED to have a bat in his hands.

As poor a hitter as he's been, I'm surprised Offerman made contact.:D

I haven't seen this posted...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkHF2bRmNrBmevjp7J8Bh5E5nYcB?slug=ap-offerman-batattack&prov=ap&type=lgns

I saw this right after reading the Redman thread that discussed searching for talent in the independent leagues.

That just reminded me of Major League:

"I thought you said there wasn't any high-priced talent on this team."

"Oh, that's just Roger Dorn; he's only high-priced."

We can still search there for talent. Offerman, however, would never be involved in said search :D

(How do you spell Offerman? O-F-F-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E...)

And of course, Skip Bayless just said that charges shouldn't be pressed against Offerman over this. Apparently there's some sort of baseball "code" that says they can choose when charges should be filed. Sorry Skip, but Offerman went outside the game here, this is a lot different than a bean ball, which is a well-known aspect of the game.

Check out Offerman's take:

BRIDGEPORT — Jose Offerman on Wednesday first expressed sorrow for injuring two Bluefish players during a brawl the night before, but he later defiantly denied hitting anyone and claimed he had been set up.

"They are not telling the truth; I didn't hit anyone," he said Wednesday night in a telephone interview from his home in Bellerose, N.Y. "They have their own reasons for saying I did."

He vowed Wednesday he intends to fight the charges in court. "I went to bat for the first time in the game," said Offerman, a player for the Long Island Ducks. "The first pitch, I hit a home run. When I got to the plate the next time, the catcher said why was I running the bases so [slow], that I had to be quicker. At first, I didn't think anything of what he said, but later I realized the pitcher was planning to hit me."

"I heard Nathans say nothing to Jose Offerman,'' Beech said emphatically. "I heard nothing from Nathans."

Offerman said after Beech hit him in the back of the left knee he just "lost it."

"It really hurt and I ran to the mound with the bat in my hand, but my intention wasn't to hit anybody," he said.

Offerman admitted swinging the bat but denied making contact with either player. "The catcher just made it up that I hit him in the back of the head and I didn't hit the pitcher either," he said. He continued that another player who witnessed the incident will support his version, but he wouldn't name that player.

"I'm not ready to get into that at this time," he said.

CT Post

At first I thought, "Wow, what a psychotic loon, ha ha!" but now I'm starting to wonder if he may actually be mentally ill. He sounds paranoid and borderline delusional. And suddenly snapping without warning and attacking someone with a bat seems slightly psychotic to me. I really wonder.

Ok... than how did the catcher get the concussion and the pitcher get the broken finger on his glove hand?

Archived