A couple of "SERIOUSLY!?" moves just made

nyco

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not the real reason and you know it.

Trembley told Wieters days ago that he wouldn't be playing on Thursday. That's how Trembley does things, he tells people ahead of time, he didn't decide at 2pm Thursday that Wieters wasn't playing. It was a perfectly fine game to give him a day off. He can't catch every game unless you want his knees to fall off. Trembley has already said he'll catch 5 times a week, and maybe DH one more time if they have 7 games a week. That's the perfect way to use him.

Complain about something that is deserving of criticism.

Ok 5 times a week...lets assume the week is Monday-Sunday. Off Monday. Didn't catch last night. That's 2. So unless you REALLY want his knees to fall off he's not catching Sunday either. That's 3 days off

In and of itself, this probably isn't something deserving of criticism, but these things, like not bunting, not pinch hitting in situations, are starting to add up.

Ok 5 times a week...lets assume the week is Monday-Sunday. Off Monday. Didn't catch last night. That's 2. So unless you REALLY want his knees to fall off he's not catching Sunday either. That's 3 days off

In and of itself, this probably isn't something deserving of criticism, but these things, like not bunting, not pinch hitting in situations, are starting to add up.

Its not worthy of criticism even with everything else. He's going to play at the same pace all season long. Catchers aren't like other position players, you have to give them games off.

Not bunting is almost always a good choice, so I'll back Trembley on that one. I do think the players should be able to get bunts down when asked, but the fewer sac bunts, the better, in general. I agree his lack of PH last night was a major mistake, IMO.

Yeah, just what we need to do. Sit Wieters now that he has had two 2-hit games in a row. We don't want him getting too hot.:rolleyes:

Can you guys please read what was said about Koji? He doesn't speak much English. He has been on the DL. He is used to Zaun. Good God in Heaven. No crime was commited letting Zaun catch Koji.

I can't believe we've reduced ourselves to complaining about NOT bunting.

This just goes to show that no matter what, someone is going to be complaining about something!

I can't believe we've reduced ourselves to complaining about NOT bunting.

This just goes to show that no matter what, someone is going to be complaining about something!

I'm as big a fan of get 2 guys on and hit a 3 run bomb, but when we are mired in the slump we are in I think it can be a good tool. Used properly you can really grab some momentum or get a pitcher who's dealing out of sync by getting him off the mound, maybe even force him into an error.

Archived