A couple of "SERIOUSLY!?" moves just made

nyco

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's a bad call for Zaun to start. Makes no sense. I checked the matchups, and Zaun is 0 for 1 with a walk for Olson, so that's not the reason. Zaun does do a good job of working the pitcher at least, so that's a good matchup against Olson.

No argument with Wigginton over Huff though. Huff has been awful, and Wigginton should be playing against LH'ers.

• Hernandez sent to the minors. Berken stays.

• Wieters is sitting out today's game. So his Huff. Scott is batting 4th, Mora 5th, Reimold, Wiggs, Zaun, Andino.

Roch

Trembley is not going to make it through the year. The wins and losses don't matter, but stupid stuff like this does.

• Hernandez sent to the minors. Berken stays.

• Wieters is sitting out today's game. So his Huff. Scott is batting 4th, Mora 5th, Reimold, Wiggs, Zaun, Andino.

Actually, that's a couple of moves. Not a series. I thought there were more…

The first one, sure, I'd rather see Hernandez stay.

The second one, meh. Catchers get a lot of rest, though I'd rather he stay in as a DH, but a day off here and there isn't huge. Olson is a lefty so no problem giving Huff a rest, he needs one once in a while. Mora at 5th has been discussed ad nauseam, don't like it but not really a surprise...

Seattle pleaded with DT and AM to sit Wieters because SEA fears The Switch-Hitting Jesus.:notworthy::noidea:

It seems DT is flying by the seat of his uniform here. There's little--if any--rhyme or reason for some of the stuff he's been doing in-game and with the lineups. :cussing:

Because I like making neon signs:

neon-09-06-11_13-08.jpg

there is absolutely no reason to play Zaun over Wieters at this stage of the season (unless of course some mystery injury is in play). If Matt can't play more than 2 consecutive games behind the plate without needing a break then we've made a grave mistake in shaping our roster for the future......

If this were the Mets, the fans would be blowing up the phone lines right this minute calling for Manuel's head. (Actually, they already kinda do…).

Benching Wieters just when's he getting hot. Fantastic.

Archived