Buehrle throws perfect game

awillhide

I was shocked when he threw a no hitter a few years ago and I'm doubly shocked now. I always loved watching the guy pitch but I never thought he had it in him.

Now for the bigger question, does he possibly deserve discussion of HOF talk now?

I was shocked when he threw a no hitter a few years ago and I'm doubly shocked now. I always loved watching the guy pitch but I never thought he had it in him.

Now for the bigger question, does he possibly deserve discussion of HOF talk now?[/QUOTE]

Way too early to tell. He's 30. He could pitch another 10-12 years and rack up 150-170 wins and flirt with 300. This game definitely doesn't hurt his chances. He doesn't rack up overly impressive numbers in terms of K/9, K/BB, and ERA, but the guy racks up the innings and helps his team win. He had 4 consecutive seasons of 230+ IP.

That catch in the 9th was amazing, especially given the circumstances. Can't say that I've ever seen anything like that before.

Insane catch. Absolutely insane considering circumstances.....Maybe the best catch ive seen, considering it all, im my lifetime.

Archived