Rank your "Top 10" Orioles Prospects.

My O's Face

So he gets ten starts to prove he is not a AAAA player? David Price didn't dominate at 23 in AAA this year. Is he never going to make it?

David Price has actually had success in the big leagues. You know the league above AAA and AAAA. Arrieta is struggling to get out AAA batters and has shown no signs of being able to get out batters at a higher level or else he would have been called up for Tuesday's start.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arrieta's 10 Norfolk starts:
Date	OPP	W	L	ERA	SV	IP	H	ER	BB	SOJun 12	@IND	0	1	1.50	0	6.0	2	1	0	6Jun 17	@LOU	0	1	9.64	0	4.2	7	5	2	7Jun 22	LHV	0	0	0.00	0	1.0	1	0	0	0Jun 26	PAW	1	0	1.50	0	6.0	7	1	3	2Jul 02	GWN	0	0	1.29	0	7.0	5	1	2	5Jul 07	@CHA	1	0	5.68	0	6.1	7	4	1	8Jul 12	DUR	0	1	9.53	0	5.2	5	6	3	5Jul 18	CHA	1	0	1.80	0	5.0	6	1	3	5Jul 24	@DUR	0	1	6.75	0	4.0	6	3	3	5Jul 29	IND	0	0	7.50	0	6.0	10	5	1	6

He has 4 good starts, one that was rained out, and 5 mediocre to poor starts.

To throw all of his accolades out is a poor decision.

Also, how do you have Rowell right after him, who hasnt even proved himself at Frederick, nonetheless at a higher level, if you have Arrieta ranked lower because he cant get consistency at AAA.

David Price has actually had success in the big leagues. You know the league above AAA and AAAA. Arrieta is struggling to get out AAA batters and has shown no signs of being able to get out batters at a higher level or else he would have been called up for Tuesday's start.

You clearly didn't pay attention to this post. Arrieta has been pitching poorly in his last few starts as people believe he is going through a dead arm period. Even if he had been getting out batters at AAA, he wouldnt have been a definite call-up for Tuesday's start.

BTW, David Price has been struggling mightily in the majors and has just now started to put it together.

He's an overrated prospect. He is 23 right now, at best he will be 24 when he reaches the big leagues. That is assuming he pitches well and he has shown no signs at all of pitching fine in AAA. That is not a legit prospect in my opinion.

Are you counting his age in dog years or are you creating some type of new age range based on his weight on the planet Neptune? Last time I checked 23 is young.

At best he will be 24 when he comes up? Nolan Reimold turns 26 this year. I'm sorry dude, but this post is just ignorant.

What makes him overrated? The fact that he's a bulldog and a competitor? That he has been cited on several different occasions as perhaps having the best stuff of the big three? His plus fastball? Don't make claims with no support, sure he has struggled a bit in AAA, but its rare for any prospect to simple dominate at every level at every stage of their career. Hold your tongue when talking bad about one of the big three. :angryfire:

Rowell is 20, way under the average age of the Carolina league. He has a lot of tools to be successful. Arrieta will soon reach the AAAA plateau because of his age.

For a guy named Minorsfan you sure have no idea what you are talking about.

Who taught you that age was more important than talent?

EDIT: Please note, that Rowell was a high school prospect and Arrieta was a college prospect. Now I don't know if you can understand the difference, but prospects out of high school are usually 18 while out of college they are usually 21-22, even 23 sometimes. I don't care that you are not giving up on Rowell, despite his position change, attitude, and lack of any sort of production, but when you bash Arrieta for his 'advanced age,' that grinds my gears. It doesn't even make sense.

Archived