Martin 18th rounder agrees to terms, reports next week.

This is not good news for the signing of the 2,4,5 round selections signing. Basically Martin has been held up over waiting for these guys to get done, but if he signed, one or more of these guys are probably not signing.

I heard things are bleak with Givens who thinks he's a first round guy for some reason.

Id be happy not signing Givens...If anything to me id be happier if we took him in the 3rd round. BUT I really wish we could somehow obtain Henry and Tolliver....Or even Coffey for that matter...What round is it that you lose the compensation pick if you fail to sign the draftee? Is it after the 3rd round?

Id be happy not signing Givens...If anything to me id be happier if we took him in the 3rd round. BUT I really wish we could somehow obtain Henry and Tolliver....Or even Coffey for that matter...What round is it that you lose the compensation pick if you fail to sign the draftee? Is it after the 3rd round?

I believe it is first 5 rounds. If you fail to sign the player in that round you get a compensatory pick in the middle of the rounds in the next year's draft.

I'm sure the O's are probably offering a fair bonus (based on other draft picks getting decent bonuses). If what were hearing is true, he is more a play for money guy, in my mind and I agree with the statement above.

I still hope we sign a few more guys in the top 10 though.

Archived