Martin 18th rounder agrees to terms, reports next week.

Very pleased to see this signing and the Os going with fourth round $ - around $250k.

We went well above slot last year after the fifth round for Bundy, Beal and Drake. I believe Bundy and Beal were the only two signings after the fifth round to received over $150k. Drake received $100k, which was well above slot. And, we had well-above slot offers to Brady and Martin.

This year already, and we don't know what the other Berry received, after the fifth round we've already signed Martin, Cowan and Wirsch to amounts over $150k. This is very, very encouraging for those wanting the Os to expand their draft spend in this manner.

Very nice, I wish I could see a scouting report on this kid. The HS and JuCo pitching depth from this draft is gonna pay big dividends later on in our future. I dont rememeber the alst time we added so many quality arms, let alone quality players through out the rounds, rather than just a few big namers and a ton of roster fillers.....

Very nice, I wish I could see a scouting report on this kid. The HS and JuCo pitching depth from this draft is gonna pay big dividends later on in our future. I dont rememeber the alst time we added so many quality arms, let alone quality players through out the rounds, rather than just a few big namers and a ton of roster fillers.....

Here's a mini.

Here's a mini.
Interesting profile. Could he be the next Adam Loewen?

Very nice scouting report. I think Adam Loewen when drafted threw mid 90's, but I could be wrong. To me he sounds a lot like Beal. Keep em coming though, Im still keeping my fingers crossed for a few more key signings....

Very nice scouting report. I think Adam Loewen when drafted threw mid 90's, but I could be wrong. To me he sounds a lot like Beal. Keep em coming though, Im still keeping my fingers crossed for a few more key signings....

I was talking about his elbow problems and hitting prowess, not his fastball. ;)

This is not good news for the signing of the 2,4,5 round selections signing. Basically Martin has been held up over waiting for these guys to get done, but if he signed, one or more of these guys are probably not signing.

I heard things are bleak with Givens who thinks he's a first round guy for some reason.

Archived