Official 2009-2010 Minor League Offseason Thread

Crazysilver03

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Acording to Baseball America's latest Minor League transactions, the O's re-signed Ross Wolf and added Luis Gustavo (??) to the 40-man roster.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7288#more-7288

Luis Gustavo is Luis Lebron I believe, sometimes the Latino guys will carry more than one last name and it can get confusing. And I like Wolf being back, good emergency bullpen guy to keep down at Norfolk

Luis Gustavo is Luis Lebron I believe, sometimes the Latino guys will carry more than one last name and it can get confusing. And I like Wolf being back, good emergency bullpen guy to keep down at Norfolk

Thanks, that clears up the mystery. I didn't realize Lebron went by two last names. With Wolf back it seems the Norfolk roster is fairly well set already. Other than Snyder and Bell, do you think they'll move up any other position players from Bowie? The Figueroa brothers? Miguel Abreau? Tucker?

I will update the post when I get a chance.

Chris George has re-signed with the Orioles on a minor league deal.

Chad Moeller has re-signed with the Orioles on a minor league deal.

Frank Mata has signed with the Orioles on a minor league deal out of the Twins organization.

Jeff Fiorentino has signed with a team in Japan.

Radhames Liz was claimed off waivers by the San Diego Padres.

Former Bluefield manager Bobby Dickerson returns to the organization to serve as roving Minor League infield instructor and Latin American field coordinator.

Dickerson also served as the Orioles minor league infield instructor from 1994-1997 and managed the Bluefield Orioles during the 1996 and 1997 seasons winning back-to-back Appalachian League championships. He was the manager of the Iowa Cubs in 2009.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7395

Baltimore Orioles

Signed: RHP Frank Mata, RHP Alfredo Simon (re-signed), LHP Mike Hinckley, C Chad Moeller (re-signed)

Granted free agency: LHP Chris Waters

Outrighted to Triple-A and removed from 40-man: LHP Chris Waters

Rule 5 selections: RHP Steve Johnson (Giants, MLB), LHP Jake Stevens (Giants, AAA), SS Rodolfo Cardona (Pirates, AAA)

Boston Red Sox

Signed: RHP Bob McCrory, SS Angel Sanchez,

Sorry WC.

Houston Astros

Signed: Rule 5 selections: RHP Jose Duran (Orioles, AAA)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived