ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

How do you see the ACC shaping up the rest of the way in terms of ACC tourney seedings 1-12?

I think Duke is clearly going to win the conference.

As far as 2-4:

VT- has at Duke, BC and GT with Wake, MD and NCST at home.

Wake- has at VT, NCST and FSU, with UNC and Clemson at home.

MD- has NCST, VT and UVA on the road, with GT, Clemson and Duke at home.

I think I like Wake's schedule the best and I also think they are probably pretty close to MD as the second best team in the league, so with their win over the Terps already, I'd put Wake 2 and MD 3, with VT 4.

After that, it's a jumbled mess. Clemson, FSU, GT, UVA...who knows. But I could easily see one of these teams that has to play on Thursday of the ACC Tournament winning a couple games and knocking off one or two of the teams that are in the Top 4.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barring an epic collapse, VT just punched its dance card.

Great job by Seth Greenberg.

Beat Duke!

Yeah, I think you're probably right, althought their resume still doesn't look all that great.

They still have NC State at home and BC on the road, and I can't see them losing either of those games. However, if they drop one of those games they could be in trouble. They still have Duke and GT on the road, both pretty tough places to play. They also play Maryland in Blacksburg, which should be a great game, but one I could see them losing.

As long as they take care of business against BC and NC State (which would get them to 10 ACC wins), they'll be dancing.

Congrats to them. Roles would be pretty much reversed had UVA pulled out the two close games that Tech won. I'd love another shot at them in the ACC tournament after the two epic games we played this year.

This is probably the third time I've said it this season, but...

...this is the worst loss I've seen by UNC in 7 years. Holy crap.

Yeah. Wow. I kept thinking they would turn it around this year, but it ain;t happening.

Hey, look at the bright side. The wrist injury might mean Davis comes back next year, and with the guys they have coming in, they should be right back on top of the ACC with Duke.

It was really odd watching the VT game on espn tonight and seeing UNC listed as a bad loss. That just doesn't seem right.

Also, I'm not readyto chalk up @BC as a win, considering we only won by two at home earlier this season. Granted we are playing better ball at the moment, I'm just trying to temper my excitement.

After 2 rivalry games for Duke, they come out very flat at Miami....They are in trouble in this game, down 12 at half.

If Duke loses this game, it really gets interesting at the top of the conference.

Boy the ACC is crazy, I would never in my life think that Miami would give Duke a fight.

I like this ACC, there are a lot of different teams that could win this year.

Boy the ACC is crazy, I would never in my life think that Miami would give Duke a fight.

I like this ACC, there are a lot of different teams that could win this year.

Its not surprising...Miami has been very good at home this year and Duke is coming off of 2 emotional games.

What I didn't expect is Scheyer to play so poorly, as he has tonight.

Well, the nice start for UVA was officially a mirage.

I cannot stand watching Will Sherrill and Calvin Baker get minutes for an ACC basketball team. It's embarrasing. When Landesberg can't get to the basket and they are playing a team that has size to contain Scott, this team CAN NOT score.

It's so frustrating watching them bumble around on offense.

I have to keep telling myself that it's our first year with a new coach and this year was a throw away year. That we have a great class coming in next year.

But it still sucks.

Why are Miami;s home crowds so embarrassing? Against a top 10 team they cant fill up their small arena?

Because going to a U of Miami basketball game is about 97th on the list of "Things to do in Miami". People simply don't care. Throw in the fact they have been pretty bad since ACC play started and that takes care of it.

Canes hoops means about as much in Miami as women's basketball means up here.

Well, the nice start for UVA was officially a mirage.

I cannot stand watching Will Sherrill and Calvin Baker get minutes for an ACC basketball team. It's embarrasing. When Landesberg can't get to the basket and they are playing a team that has size to contain Scott, this team CAN NOT score.

It's so frustrating watching them bumble around on offense.

I have to keep telling myself that it's our first year with a new coach and this year was a throw away year. That we have a great class coming in next year.

But it still sucks.

Yes. Also the fact of losing all those close games, taking that unnecessary trip to MD, then having 3 games in like 5 day didn't help our morale, confidence, or our fatigue. We have a nice foundation and with the incoming class it should be a much better year next year. It was a great year this year, but Bennett has the program headed in the right direction and that is what is important.

Am I the only one who thinks Sidney Lowe should lose his job?

NC State should be a better team, both in their current record and just overall year in and year out. They have history, play in a great basketball area, play in the ACC, a new arena, etc...There is no reason NC State can't battle with a team like MD year in and year out.

No reason VT should be better year in and year out.

Archived