ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

He's a heck of a player. Don't know if beating a NIT team will help the resume, but congrats. ;)

Hey, I know it's not a typical UNC team, but we don't win in Chapel Hill very often. A road win is a road win in the ACC, and I gotta tell you I'm pumped if only we hadn't blown that leD on Thursday...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I know it's not a typical UNC team, but we don't win in Chapel Hill very often. A road win is a road win in the ACC, and I gotta tell you I'm pumped if only we hadn't blown that leD on Thursday...

Enjoy it buddy, you deserve it.

Just another game where UNC didn't look all that interested really. Drew is terrible. Graves seems like a really bad teammate who's just out looking to "get his". They have good big men, but unfortunately no one can get them the ball.

Agree with every word of this.

Fortunately, given the 5 year grace period rule I subscribe to (when your team wins a title, they get 5 years before you get angry or question them), I just smile and chalk it up to a bad year. Drew is pretty awful, clearly Roy misjudged him.

Agree with every word of this.

Fortunately, given the 5 year grace period rule I subscribe to (when your team wins a title, they get 5 years before you get angry or question them), I just smile and chalk it up to a bad year. Drew is pretty awful, clearly Roy misjudged him.

I'm definitely questioning Roy. It's one bad season. And, he has some really nice pieces in place. But, it just goes to show that you CANNOT win in college ball without good guard play.

I'm definitely questioning Roy. It's one bad season. And, he has some really nice pieces in place. But, it just goes to show that you CANNOT win in college ball without good guard play.

I'm not questioning him, you don't hit a home run every time up..He's done fine with guards in his coaching career, Drew is just a blip. Guard play is the key, no question. I knew it'd be a down year, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

I'm not questioning him, you don't hit a home run every time up..He's done fine with guards in his coaching career, Drew is just a blip. Guard play is the key, no question. I knew it'd be a down year, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

What I want to now is how anyone in their right mind thought this team deserved to be in the top 5 to start the season.

Back to action tonight with Miami at Wake. Deacs need to hold serve at home.

Tomorrow night UVA hosts NC State. Does the inspired team that bounced back from a brutal home loss to pound Carolina in Chapel Hill show up? If so, gotta like UVA's chances in Charlottesville.

Thursday night is a HUGE ACC night.

Georgia Tech at Cameron against Duke. The Dukies looking at avenge the loss in Atlanta earlier this year.

UNC at Virginia Tech. The Heels are reeling and could really use a big win on the road. The Hokies aren't quite dead yet, and need to hold serve at home after losing to Miami this weekend in South Florida.

And the big one, the Terps are Florida State. Maryland won in College Park earlier this year, but obviously winning on the road is no easy task. Getting Alabi into early foul trouble in the first meeting this year was huge for the Terps, so if they can do that again it would be a big advantage. Winning this game would be massive for them, and I think really be a nice stepping stone towards the tournament for them.

Back to action tonight with Miami at Wake. Deacs need to hold serve at home.

Tomorrow night UVA hosts NC State. Does the inspired team that bounced back from a brutal home loss to pound Carolina in Chapel Hill show up? If so, gotta like UVA's chances in Charlottesville.

Thursday night is a HUGE ACC night.

Georgia Tech at Cameron against Duke. The Dukies looking at avenge the loss in Atlanta earlier this year.

UNC at Virginia Tech. The Heels are reeling and could really use a big win on the road. The Hokies aren't quite dead yet, and need to hold serve at home after losing to Miami this weekend in South Florida.

And the big one, the Terps are Florida State. Maryland won in College Park earlier this year, but obviously winning on the road is no easy task. Getting Alabi into early foul trouble in the first meeting this year was huge for the Terps, so if they can do that again it would be a big advantage. Winning this game would be massive for them, and I think really be a nice stepping stone towards the tournament for them.

Really, you hadn't mentioned that yet?

Really, you hadn't mentioned that yet?

Ha.

Not in this thread :D

My main point was, they played really well on Sunday. I thought Jontel Evans did a nice job keeping Drew in front of him and allowing him to make mistakes. Zeglinski shot the ball well, Meyinsee did a nice job along with Scott not letting Davis or Thompson get going. And obviously Sylven. I hadn't seen them play a FULL game that well all year. My guess is they were pretty fired up after blowing the VT game and played their best game of the season with that motivation. Do they have it for a home game with NC State this week? I hope so...

Ha.

Not in this thread :D

My main point was, they played really well on Sunday. I thought Jontel Evans did a nice job keeping Drew in front of him and allowing him to make mistakes. Zeglinski shot the ball well, Meyinsee did a nice job along with Scott not letting Davis or Thompson get going. And obviously Sylven. I hadn't seen them play a FULL game that well all year. My guess is they were pretty fired up after blowing the VT game and played their best game of the season with that motivation. Do they have it for a home game with NC State this week? I hope so...

My about to be 5 year old son Drew (LDII is so bad, I'm considering changing my kid's name) can do a good job defending Larry Drew.

My about to be 5 year old son Drew (LDII is so bad, I'm considering changing my kid's name) can do a good job defending Larry Drew.

Haha. Fair enough. Yeah, that he just doesn't have it. It's about time to just let Strickland take over. And your kid is named Drew? Wow, that didn't work out at all. Couldn't go with someone from the soon-to-be title team from that year? Although I guess naming him "Raymond" or "Rashad" would have been too obvious? "Marvin" would have been good!

That said, Coach Bennett has talked about how good Evans has been on the defensive end this year so far, which is why he is starting now. Shoot, Tristan Spurlock, the highly touted guy in this class, can't even get on the floor because Bennett doesn't trust him to play defense.

Do they have another PG in next year's class? I know they have Barnes but I don't know who else McDonald's is dropping off in the next mass delivery to Chapel Hill ;)

Archived