O's to charge extra for tickets purchased on game day

fansince1988

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Orioles prices are still cheaper than many, but after yet another drop in attendance, do you really need to raise prices? Especially this..what sense does this make? To discourage the local fan that decides in the middle of the day they might decide to take in a game? Nice move O's.

This is complete horses***.

What a dick move by the Orioles.

I love the to avoid waiting in "long lines" line from Bader. I am glad they think attendance will all of a sudden spike this season after another dissapointing losing season from 09 and a average offseason.

It's going to be shorter lines, but still the same small amount of people buying ahead of time. I love going to the games during the year, and obviously am still one of very little who go regularly. Most of the tickets I buy are on game day, but this plus losing is not going get me going to as many as usual, not because of $2 but because you cannot charge more for all the fans like me who have supported the O's all along who actually still go to games.

Wow. You're welcome for being loyal despite 12 losing seasons.

So, in order to avoid paying some stupid fee I now have to go into the city days before I want to go to a baseball game? That's ridiculous, at least cut ticketmaster out of the phone ordering process.

Dumb, dumb move. I have been an Oriole fan for half a century, trips to Baltimore a few times a year.....Sorry, this may do it.....You order online you get hit with a service charge, walk up you get hit with a charge....I will not come to a game this year. I'd rather give the money to a scalper than this cheap *ss organization.

Guess we know how the new seats are being paid for...

The Maryland Stadium Authority?

I have a hunch that this fee will be done away with before the end of the season. Unless of course the O's suddenly get pretty good and attendence spikes as a result.

I also find it interesting that no one is saying boo about the games vs Sox and Yanks going up in price.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see a problem with charging 1-5 bucks at the door over the "before game" price. Isn't this how most things work? If you go to a high school play, you're going to pay 15 bucks at the door and 10 the week before...

I dislike them raising the "prime game" tickets, but then again, this is mostly out of state fans coming in, so why not charge them more?

Dumb, dumb move. I have been an Oriole fan for half a century, trips to Baltimore a few times a year.....Sorry, this may do it.....You order online you get hit with a service charge, walk up you get hit with a charge....I will not come to a game this year. I'd rather give the money to a scalper than this cheap *ss organization.

Well, you could always order over the pho... wait. Oh yea, they nail you with the same "convenience" fee they do for ordering online.

This organization simply does not care about the fans!! And the post about paying $1-5 extrao for a school play is because of limited seating and wanting to get people excited about their kids "limited productions." Oh, did I say "limited productions," must have been talking about the Orioles all along. This is pure garbage and PA is only concerned about one thing, "His stinking wallet." The days of me deciding to go to a game that evening are OVER!! The fan is on the one making all the sacrifices here, the organization does nothing for the fans, NOTHING!!

Archived