FSU vs MD 2/4/10

RavenWarrior

I agree about Bowie. He isn't a good point guard. He can defend but he turns the ball over way too much. If he is playing the majority PG minutes next year MD has problems. That said I think that is why they signed both Stoglin and Howard. Freshman PG are tough to watch sometimes but I don't think they will have much of a choice especially during conference play.

Tucker just has been inconsistent his whole career. He looks like a world beater at times like last year against Carolina.

There is one thing that I love watching Bowie do, and that is finish a 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 fast break. I think he's outstanding at finishing those plays or at least getting to the line (although I heard him miss one on the radio last night). He may have a lot of weaknesses, but it sure is fun to watch him on a fast break.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to the end of the game last night on 105.7. I was a little surprised at the announcers' reaction to the FSU fans' profanity. Knocke (sp?) pointed out that they were doing a profane chant, then got quiet so the listeners could hear "**** you Vasquez." Then they criticized the fans for having no class, as if Maryland fans hadn't done the exact same thing for JJ Redick several years ago (I was at that game, and it was absolutely embarrassing).

I listened to the end of the game last night on 105.7. I was a little surprised at the announcers' reaction to the FSU fans' profanity. Knocke (sp?) pointed out that they were doing a profane chant' date=' then got quiet so the listeners could hear "**** you Vasquez." Then they criticized the fans for having no class, as if Maryland fans hadn't done the exact same thing for JJ Redick several years ago (I was at that game, and it was absolutely embarrassing).[/quote']

On one hand, I agree being embarrassed about our fans going over the line, but on the other hand - I don't think our fans put up signs suggesting that Duke's or FSU's best player (Alibi isn't from the US.) should be deported. Maybe it was appropriate that the announcers let us know the level of hate.

I listened to the end of the game last night on 105.7. I was a little surprised at the announcers' reaction to the FSU fans' profanity. Knocke (sp?) pointed out that they were doing a profane chant' date=' then got quiet so the listeners could hear "**** you Vasquez." Then they criticized the fans for having no class, as if Maryland fans hadn't done the exact same thing for JJ Redick several years ago (I was at that game, and it was absolutely embarrassing).[/quote']

As my parents always told me. Two wrongs do not make a right. The Maryland fans were classless with Reddick and the Florida State fans were classless with Grevis.

Knocke was right.

Forget all that, big win for the Terps. The book on Maryland is certainly to muscle them and do a lot of hand checking and bumping. Especially at home, as was the case with Clemson and Fla. State teams get away with that. The Terps did not adjust against Clemson, but did well enough to hang on against Florida State.

Beat Carolina.....go Terps.

On one hand, I agree being embarrassed about our fans going over the line, but on the other hand - I don't think our fans put up signs suggesting that Duke's or FSU's best player (Alibi isn't from the US.) should be deported. Maybe it was appropriate that the announcers let us know the level of hate.

Seriously? Come on man. Maryland fans are no "classier" than anyone else. They would absolutely do something like that. These are college kids. They do dumb stuff that seems funny at the time bur is totally classless. Trust me, I was one very recently.

Every big time school will have antics like that. Even UVA fans (who don't really have any kind of negative rep) said some awful stuff to Juan Dixon. Just the nature if the beast.

I think MD fans are pretty racuous. Didn't they throw water bottles at Redick's mother or something like that? Gary had to get on the mic and tell the fans to chill out a few years back. Then there are the F*** Duke and Dixon Your Mouth shirts. I don't think MD fans are any better or worse than most big school fans, but they certainly aren't saints.

I think MD fans are pretty racuous. Didn't they throw water bottles at Redick's mother or something like that? Gary had to get on the mic and tell the fans to chill out a few years back. Then there are the F*** Duke and Dixon Your Mouth shirts. I don't think MD fans are any better or worse than most big school fans, but they certainly aren't saints.

Pretty sure it was Carlos Boozer's mom.

But your last couple sentences are exactly right.

MD fans aren't saints. But all student sections are like that. Terp fans have no room to talk down to any other student section when that stuff goes on at Comcast Center all the time.

As my parents always told me. Two wrongs do not make a right. The Maryland fans were classless with Reddick and the Florida State fans were classless with Grevis.

Knocke was right.

I couldn't agree more with this point. Just because MD fans IMO tend towards classlessness doesn't excuse other fan bases from criticism. There is an ever-advancing trend towards vulgarity ignorance amongst almost all fan bases. I'm not too sure why it's become so accepted, and I'm not sure why it's funny for *adults* to scream vulgarities in public, but it is what it is.

Seriously? Come on man. Maryland fans are no "classier" than anyone else. They would absolutely do something like that. These are college kids. They do dumb stuff that seems funny at the time bur is totally classless. Trust me, I was one very recently.

Every big time school will have antics like that. Even UVA fans (who don't really have any kind of negative rep) said some awful stuff to Juan Dixon. Just the nature if the beast.

If you read my post... you'd see I clearly wasn't saying MD fans were especially classy.

Again, did you see any signs at Maryland saying Alibi should be deported?

Let's be honest. This thread should be about Jordan Williams and how much of a beast he is going to be.

Spot on, he is by far the difference in this season and last. Well him and Milbourne!

All fans have times of classiness and classlessness and anyone who thinks otherwise is either naive or a hypocrit!

And get of the GW bashing or calling for his head, he is one hell of a coach. Is he perfect, hell no, but he is a damn good coach and MD will be very sad to see him go.

My buddy last night supposed that Jordan Williams could end his career as the all-time leader in double-doubles for MD.

What say you?

Hard to argue the way he gobbles up Rebs. He will get his points. 10 isn't that much if you are a legit big.

The only thing that might take away from that is if he left early or got a few more big men to take some of them away.

Let's be honest. This thread should be about Jordan Williams and how much of a beast he is going to be.

True story. That guy is a monster.

You guys have to love how it looks like he really embraces banging down low with guys and being physical. How many softies have the Terps had in the post in recent years?

Archived