FSU vs MD 2/4/10

RavenWarrior

If you read my post... you'd see I clearly wasn't saying MD fans were especially classy.

Again, did you see any signs at Maryland saying Alibi should be deported?

No.

But that doesn't mean they weren't there. And I'm sure Terps fans had plenty of classless things to say to the Seminoles when they came to town.

Look, all I'm saying is you can't whine about things other student sections do, because the MD Students have done things that are just as classless. It's part of college hoops. Getting upset at what another teams student section does is silly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True story. That guy is a monster.

You guys have to love how it looks like he really embraces banging down low with guys and being physical. How many softies have the Terps had in the post in recent years?

That is the first thing I noticed. I was worried because FSU has a bunch of big boys and Jordan is a big boy too, but these guys have bigger wigspans. I thought it would be a problem if he was going in Terrance Morris style. But he took it to the rim strong and did a great job boxing out. I think he was getting winded at times but I love what he has done so far.

And then Padgett comes in and looked lost. Funny how at the start of the season it looked like Padgett would be the dark horse contributor.

My buddy last night supposed that Jordan Williams could end his career as the all-time leader in double-doubles for MD.

What say you?

The "kid" has shoulders that appear to be 7' across (I believe that' a modest estimate). He has great hands and good instincts. He's exactly what you want in the low post. I love watching that kid play. I just wish I could see more of Pagdett on the court alongside him and less Dino.

[/b]

No.

But that doesn't mean they weren't there. And I'm sure Terps fans had plenty of classless things to say to the Seminoles when they came to town.

Look, all I'm saying is you can't whine about things other student sections do, because the MD Students have done things that are just as classless. It's part of college hoops. Getting upset at what another teams student section does is silly.

I wasn't whining about anything, and I wasn't upset, and for the 3rd time.... I'm not defending MD students. I just pointed out why Knocke might have thought it was okay to let us hear what the fans were saying. It does take some level of hate to put up signs saying a player should be deported. I get it that you don't feel that way, and that's fine. I do. Now if you're telling me my opinion is silly, then okay I am pissed - at you.

I'm glad we held on to win this game on the road. However, we still have some major problems when Vasquez isn't playing well. Hayes is missing way too many open looks, and we need to get consistent production from guys like Mosely and Tucker/Bowie. I have a bad feeling that the NC game is going to be a let-down game for the Terps.

All that being said....we had a legit shot to be 7-0 right now in the ACC. Both of our losses were games that we could have won had we played a little better.

Let's be honest. This thread should be about Jordan Williams and how much of a beast he is going to be.

You are correct. I am not a big believer of plus/Minus in basketball but it seemed to me that Williams was the difference yesterday. He battled all that FSU size. The kid has terrific hands, has a bit of a mean streak and pretty good footwork. He will get a little stronger and his offense will get even better. He can shoot and now he is going up strong and dunking in traffic. He is not one of Gary's project big men. He really reminds me a lot of Sean May, who played for Carolina a few years back.

I wasn't whining about anything, and I wasn't upset, and for the 3rd time.... I'm not defending MD students. I just pointed out why Knocke might have thought it was okay to let us hear what the fans were saying. It does take some level of hate to put up signs saying a player should be deported. I get it that you don't feel that way, and that's fine. I do. Now if you're telling me my opinion is silly, then okay I am pissed - at you.

Haha, wow. Ok dude. Not sure why you are upset at me.

I just don't think any level of "hate" is there because of a sign saying Vasquez should be deported. That's just what happens at college basketball games. There are way worse things than that at games every single night. I just don't understand why anyone would care about a sign in a student section.

And for the record, Knocke is great, and I think it's fine that he pointed out what the crowd was doing. I just think it isn't a big deal, as long as it doesn't get to the level where things are getting thrown at other people or anyone is any type of danger (like at WVU the other night).

Archived