NCAAT discussion thread..Upsets? Seeding? Teams to watch?

Sports Guy

Again, it's not an awful thing for Kansas, but they should not be playing the winner of the top 2 and 3, they should get the winner of the 3rd or 4th best 2 vs the 2nd to 4th best 3.

Their sweet sixteen matchup isn't easier than in other brackets either imo.

Just ranking the teams heading into the tourney. Note that this isn't based on resume, based on how good I think they are.

Kansas

Kentucky (think they'll screw up though)

Syracuse

Georgetown

Ohio State

Duke

West Virginia

Kansas State

Baylor

New Mexico

So yeah, don't think much of Nova or Pitt at this point.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final 4: Kansas, Syracuse, New Mexico, and Baylor. Kansas over Baylor.

Shows how much I think of that side of the bracket when I got my #9 team playing my #10 team to get to the final. But that's mainly due to what I said earlier, which was I think Kentucky will screw up. In the round of 16 to be precise, which will give New Mexico or WV an easier road to the Final 4.

Again, it's not an awful thing for Kansas, but they should not be playing the winner of the top 2 and 3, they should get the winner of the 3rd or 4th best 2 vs the 2nd to 4th best 3.

Their sweet sixteen matchup isn't easier than in other brackets either imo.

Just ranking the teams heading into the tourney. Note that this isn't based on resume, based on how good I think they are.

Kansas

Kentucky (think they'll screw up though)

Syracuse

Georgetown

Ohio State

Duke

West Virginia

Kansas State

Baylor

New Mexico

So yeah, don't think much of Nova or Pitt at this point.

I am not sure I agree that OSU is better than WV but its close...WV did beat Ohio St this year.

And I do think GTown is the best #3 but this is also a GTown team that lost, at home, to South Florida and Old Dominion.

They were a top 7 team and then lost some games and dropped into the 20s..I know rankings aren't everything but they dropped because they were losing games.

End of the day, none of these teams are great teams..A lot of them you can put into a hat and just pick out where they could be seeded.

I am not sure I agree that OSU is better than WV but its close...WV did beat Ohio St this year.

And I do think GTown is the best #3 but this is also a GTown team that lost, at home, to South Florida and Old Dominion.

They were a top 7 team and then lost some games and dropped into the 20s..I know rankings aren't everything but they dropped because they were losing games.

End of the day, none of these teams are great teams..A lot of them you can put into a hat and just pick out where they could be seeded.

You make some good points, but I think you are making things too complicated.

You say yourself, that GTOWN is the best #3.

You said it's close between OSU and WV. So at worst, OSU is the 2nd best #2 seed.

The bottom line, is that the top overall seed should have the easiest path to the Final Four. Guaranteeing that they will play 1 of GT or OSU, if chalk plays out, is not giving them the easiest path.

Again, it is not the easiest path to the Sweet 16 that they deserve..It's the easiest path to the Final Four.

In fact, ask Kansas, and I bet they would rather play a tougher 2nd round game, as opposed to a tougher Sweet 16/Elite 8 game.

Archived