NCAAT discussion thread..Upsets? Seeding? Teams to watch?

Sports Guy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea i know...Gottlieb had them in the elite 8...I am going back and forth between St marys and Richmond. I think i want Richmond to win..Probably a better chance they beat Nova.

Gottlieb did? Cool, smart Jews unite! I have Duke beating them in the Elite 8 as well..I don't know if you've seen them play, but their guards are terrific. Anderson and Gonslaves..

Gottlieb did? Cool, smart Jews unite! I have Duke beating them in the Elite 8 as well..I don't know if you've seen them play, but their guards are terrific. Anderson and Gonslaves..

No I haven't seem them at all except very briefly today...But the guards were what they were hyping and one of them was the conference POY I believe.

No I haven't seem them at all except very briefly today...But the guards were what they were hyping and one of them was the conference POY I believe.

Yep, Kevin Anderson, and he's really good. They played a 2 OT game on Saturday against a good Xavier team, so no worries about today's loss in my opinion. They're a weird team, their coach wanted to play a Princeton offense, but doesn't have the team for it, so he completely changed his system mid season, and they took off.

Yep, Kevin Anderson, and he's really good. They played a 2 OT game on Saturday against a good Xavier team, so no worries about today's loss in my opinion. They're a weird team, their coach wanted to play a Princeton offense, but doesn't have the team for it, so he completely changed his system mid season, and they took off.

Do they have big guys?

Do they have big guys?

They play a 3 guard offense, their biggest guy is 6'10 maybe (Harper)..I doubt they have anyone who averages more than 5 boards per game..Tough matchup with the big guy from St Mary's.

Do they have big guys?

No shame losing to Temple; was in AC for the quarters and semifinals of the A10 tournament and KA and Gonzalvez are an explosive duo.

OOC wins - They faced Mississippi State, Missouri, and Old Dominion consecutively and won all three games. Another good OOC win against a then #13 Florida; 13-3 in the A10 with real good conference wins; they’re ready to go.

Staying on the A10; really hoping to see a Temple, Kentucky matchup. Cornell could spoil that.

--

Justin Harper is their best big guy. Not a guy who is going to dominate but is solid at times. Averaged 10.7 points a game, 5.4 minutes in 25 minutes a game – also shoots the 3 well for a big guy, 6’10, 225.

The ACC will probably flame out early again this year. I don't know how anybody could take Wake or Clemson past the 1st round after the last few years. I have no trust in GT to make back to back solid tourny runs either. IMO, they weren't that impressive in their ACC run outside of the 1st half against MD. Hewitt is a horrible coach as well. FSU would be my darkhorse ACC team to make noise if they didn't have to beat Syracuse in Buffalo. I think it's a very real possibility that only Duke makes the 2nd weekend.

Here is what I got for the ACC teams

Duke- Final Four loss to Kentucky

MD- Sweet 16 loss to Kansas

FSU- 2nd round loss to Syracuse

GT- 1st round loss to Okla St

Clemson- 1st round loss to Missouri

Wake - 1st round loss to Texas

Haven't done too much research, but my first crack at this year's bracket has 3 1 seeds in the Final Four with the only upset being Villanova over Duke. Kansas over Kentucky in the final.

First glance upsets:

Murray St over Vanderbilt

Siena over Purdue

Cornell over Temple and Wisconsin

BYU over Kansas St in Round 2

Somebody tell me about these Big 12 teams. The Big 12 is the only conference who's games I rarely catch on TV. I just don't have a good feel for any of these teams.

Here are a few questions I'd like answered.

Are Baylor and Kan St legit final FOur teams??

How does Texas A&M potentially match up with Duke ??

Are any of Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma St threats to make a deep run??

BTW... Just noticed that Duke has potential back to back meetings with Texas A&M and Baylor in Houston to get to the FInal Four. I certainly believe that would make Duke's run through the South tougher.

Somebody tell me about these Big 12 teams. The Big 12 is the only conference who's games I rarely catch on TV. I just don't have a good feel for any of these teams.

Here are a few questions I'd like answered.

Are Baylor and Kan St legit final FOur teams??

How does Texas A&M potentially match up with Duke ??

Are any of Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma St threats to make a deep run??

BTW... Just noticed that Duke has potential back to back meetings with Texas A&M and Baylor in Houston to get to the FInal Four. I certainly believe that would make Duke's run through the South tougher.

To me, Baylor is the only other team that can go far besides Kansas of course. Good guards, solid bigs as well.

K-State is good, but i don't see them competing well against a big team. Not much of a front line. I have BYU over them in round 2.

Oklahoma State could shock Ohio State..James Anderson is the best player you've never heard of..He and Turner should put on a show in round 2.

Texas has Rick Barnes, enough said.

Missouri's best player went to my High School, but other than that, not much there...they're a year away from being really good. Lost too much from last year's club, and suffered a big injury a few weeks ago.

A&m will lose to Utah State in the first round...book it.

I can't see Duke getting past Louisville/Cal and then potential Texas A+M. Especially if it is Louis. and then Texas A+M which is what I am projecting. One of those nights they will be cold and even if they aren't they are so beatable. Duke really is a team built to lose in the NCAA tourney. They rely so heavily on the 3. They had a ton of chances to put Miami and Georgia Tech today, and they let them right back in it and were lucky to escape. The ACC is gonna struggle as a whole. 0 teams in the Sweet 16 is very possible, although MD and Duke should make it that far. The key to beating Duke is to allow the big 3 (Scheyer, Singler, and Smith) to get their 60 pts. 20 20 20. Then hold the others to 15 or less, then score 76. The big 3 won't beat you, its the others, who shouldn't beat you. If Zoubek, Dawkins, and others kill you, you are done, becuase the big 3 will get their 60. They just aren't very good other then those 3.

Duke got an easy draw. Cakewalk to the Elite 8 and Baylor/Nova is two of the weaker 2 and 3 seeds.

Kansas got screwed big time for being the #1 overall team. They'll have a co conference champion in Mich St/ MD in the Sweet 16 and one of the hottest teams in the country in Georgetown/Ohio St in the Elite 8.

Yeah, I think it's rather absurd that the overall #1 got what most feel is the toughest bracket. The best #1, best or second best #2 and best #3 shouldn't be in the same bracket.

Archived