Pie limps off field

Tony-OH

Per rotoworld:

Felix Pie limped off the field Friday after being plunked in the right leg by a Mariano Rivera pitch. Pie went down hard and fast and had to be helped down the dugout steps. It didn't look good, and there's a good chance he won't be ready for the Orioles' season opener next week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=863

My comments since people are having a hard time understanding this post apparently:

If he's hurt, this would open up opportunities for Montanez or Gaithright.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
per rotoworld:

Felix Pie limped off the field Friday after being plunked in the right leg by a Mariano Rivera pitch. Pie went down hard and fast and had to be helped down the dugout steps. It didn't look good, and there's a good chance he won't be ready for the Orioles' season opener next week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=863

If he's hurt, this would open up opportunities for Montanez or Gaithright.

They interviewed Trembley during the game and he said he thought Felix was fine. He made it seem like Pie was just taken out as a precaution.

Which doesn't sound bad until you remember that Brad Bergesen's year was ended by the same injury.
That's only true if you assume all contusions are the same or even similar.

That's obviously not the case, their severity can vary wildly, even moreso than things like twisted/sprained ankles.

Contusions can be nasty, hopefully this one isn't so bad. But I don't think jumping to conclusions like "there's a good chance he won't be ready for Opening Day" is a very prudent move.

Which doesn't sound bad until you remember that Brad Bergesen's year was ended by the same injury.
Not the same injury at all. Bergy was hit on the front of the shin, a deep bone bruise; possible hairline fracture. Pie got hit on the side of the shin, on the muscle. I'd be surprised if he was out OD. Sorry to disappoint.

That's only true if you assume all contusions are the same or even similar.

That's obviously not the case, their severity can vary wildly, even moreso than things like twisted/sprained ankles.

Contusions can be nasty, hopefully this one isn't so bad. But I don't think jumping to conclusions like "there's a good chance he won't be ready for Opening Day" is a very prudent move.

Thank you Captain Obvious, but my statement is absolutely true regardless of your caveats. I never made any statement whatsoever on the severity of Pie's injury. I just said it doesn't sound bad until you remember that Bergesen's injury was "just" a contusion as well.

BTW, I never made the "there's a good chance he won't be ready for Opening Day" is a very prudent move." That was from rotoworld. That's why it says: As per rotoworld at the top and has a link.

Not the same injury at all. Bergy was hit on the front of the shin, a deep bone bruise; possible hairline fracture. Pie got hit on the side of the shin, on the muscle. I'd be surprised if he was out OD. Sorry to disappoint.

Do you have the same reading problem as Mackus? I never said they were the same. I just said Bergesen had a contusion as well. Why the hostility?

Rotoworld made that assumption not me. Adding your little sorry to disappoint is uncalled for....

Thank you Captain Obvious, but my statement is absolutely true regardless of your caveats. I never made any statement whatsoever on the severity of Pie's injury. I just said it doesn't sound bad until you remember that Bergesen's injury was "just" a contusion as well.

BTW, I never made the "there's a good chance he won't be ready for Opening Day" is a very prudent move." That was from rotoworld. That's why it says: As per rotoworld at the top and has a link.

Its not true, though, it wasn't the same injury. It was a contusion, but not of the same body part. Bergesen's was a bone contusion, IIRC. Pie's sounds like a muscle contusion. A stomachache isn't the same as a headache.

I see no need to freak out immediately over this. If Pie is going to be injured, we'll hear about it very shortly and then we can react to it. Speculating as to how severe an injury was, when almost none of us even saw the play that it happened on, serves almost zero purpose.

Do you have the same reading problem as Mackus? I never said they were the same. I just said Bergesen had a contusion as well. Why the hostility?
I read just fine, thanks.

You did say it was the same.

Brad Bergesen's year was ended by the same injury.

Remember?

Archived