Pie limps off field

Tony-OH

:(

Per rotoworld:

Felix Pie limped off the field Friday after being plunked in the right leg by a Mariano Rivera pitch. Pie went down hard and fast and had to be helped down the dugout steps. It didn't look good, and there's a good chance he won't be ready for the Orioles' season opener next week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=863

My comments since people are having a hard time understanding this post apparently:

If he's hurt, this would open up opportunities for Montanez or Gaithright.

:(

stupid evil ones:angryfire:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not true, though, it wasn't the same injury. It was a contusion, but not of the same body part. Bergesen's was a bone contusion, IIRC. Pie's sounds like a muscle contusion. A stomachache isn't the same as a headache.

I see no need to freak out immediately over this. If Pie is going to be injured, we'll hear about it very shortly and then we can react to it. Speculating as to how severe an injury was, when almost none of us even saw the play that it happened on, serves almost zero purpose.

Who in the hell is freaking out? I reported what happened. I had no idea even where he was hit. I never speculated anything. When I said remember about Bergesen it was without knowing where he was hit in the leg.

Stop, take a deep breath, and think before you post again in this thread because you clearly are having reading comprehension problems.

Who in the hell is freaking out? I reported what happened. I had no idea even where he was hit? I never speculated anything. When I said remember about Bergesen it was without knowing where he was hit in the leg.

Stop, take a deep breath, and think before you post again in this thread because you clearly are having reading comprehension problems.

Stop accusing me of reading comprehension problems, I read super good.

And I'd say that rotoworld is freaking out if they think there is a "good chance" he missed Opening Day without any additional information. I never accused you of speculating, while we're talking about reading what is written. I quoted your post, but that doesn't mean I speaking directly to you and only about you. This just screams to me a very similar situation to when Pie pulled up after legging out a triple and we got a lot of inane comments about how injured he was before we knew any real information.

Since there seems to be some type of communication problem here, let me make myself very clear.

I just posted what rotoworld posted. I then stated that Bergesen's season was ended by a contusion as well (same injury). I never said he was hit in the same area, only that a contusion ended Bergesen's year last year. No one on here knows the severity of the injury yet, or how long he will be out or if at all. I have no opinion until I hear how Pie is doing tomorrow.

I did say IF Pie was injured it would open opportunities for Montanez or Gaithright. That's it. For the life of me I can't see how anyone can read anything else into what I said or think I was freakin' out over this injury.

"Pie headed back to Orioles camp soon after the beaning and we should all know his status for Opening Day by Saturday afternoon. He appeared to be in a significant amount of pain and is questionable for the opener. "

Britt Ghiroli on Twitter Apr.

"Pie headed back to Orioles camp soon after the beaning and we should all know his status for Opening Day by Saturday afternoon. He appeared to be in a significant amount of pain and is questionable for the opener. "

Britt Ghiroli on Twitter Apr.

I would be surprised if Pie missed OD. I saw the play and it was to the left of his shin guard above the ankle. Icing it up and having him rest a day will probably get him back up and running.

I would be surprised if Pie missed OD. I saw the play and it was to the left of his shin guard above the ankle. Icing it up and having him rest a day will probably get him back up and running.

4 days, since we start on Tuesday. We all saw it originally and on umpteen replays. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully this is nothing to be concerned over.

The Orioles are certainly a worse team with Montanez or Gathright instead of Pie.

Meh... with the platoons and juggling we all hope Trembley does, I don't think Lou would hurt us at all. Don't know that much about Gaithright...

Archived