MLB.tv for Playstation 3

sbauer

Starting today you'll be able to watch MLB.tv using your PS3. Sony posted some information about the app on their blog today.

his app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.

Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:

MLB Scoreboard – See a schedule of today’s games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)

Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed

HD quality video and DVR functionality – watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)

Season Archive – Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you’ve missed from earlier in the season.

Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.

Favorite Teams/Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or designate your favorite team(s) to see the schedule for that team.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/22/watch-major-league-baseball-on-ps3-mlb-tv-app-live-today/

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/ps3.jsp?&partnerId=PS3

• 9 months later...
I think this is cheaper than MLB Extra Innings. Why wouldn't I get this instead? Assuming I have a PS3, i mean.

I assume you have to be an MLB.TV subscriber to use it. This would just let you watch MLB.TV on your TV through your PS3 instead of via a laptop.

I assume you have to be an MLB.TV subscriber to use it. This would just let you watch MLB.TV on your TV through your PS3 instead of via a laptop.

Right, but I think this is as good as MLB Extra Innings, or better than, and less expensive.

I used this service last season '10, and its a superior product to MLB EI, its cheaper, its HD, and as long as you have a decent broadband connection, there is virtually no lag at all. I have bought this package for myself as a Christmas present every year since it started, and last year with the PS3 streaming, I was in my Orange and Black Glory!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived