Steve Phillips used to have a job in Major League Baseball

backwardsk

I wonder if he's just trying to get attention so he can get a TV job again? Otherwise, I have no idea how he could have ever had a GM job.

Methinks this isn't the kind of attention one would want to prove their knowledge of the sport.

Then again, maybe he watched Skip Bayliss that morning...

Methinks this isn't the kind of attention one would want to prove their knowledge of the sport.

Then again, maybe he watched Skip Bayliss that morning...

That's what I'm saying. You don't have to have a good opinion about something to get a job, you just have to say something outlandish that gets people to watch/listen/read so the "media" outlet brings in ad revenue.

You know Phillips looks like an idiot here, but there is a good possiblity he could be right about Strasburg never having the career Oswalt has had so far. Strasburg's delivery does come with injury concerns, and I don't think he's going to have a long career.

He'll be dominant for awhile, but he be injured and out of baseball before he turns 27 IMO.

You know Phillips looks like an idiot here, but there is a good possiblity he could be right about Strasburg never having the career Oswalt has had so far. Strasburg's delivery does come with injury concerns, and I don't think he's going to have a long career.

He'll be dominant for awhile, but he be injured and out of baseball before he turns 27 IMO.

Exactly. People didn't think it could ever happen to Mark Prior, and he was textbook with his delivery.

Archived