• 1.1k views
    • 12 replies
  3. It's Opening Day 1 2 3 4

• 45 replies
    • 3.7k views
  4. Melvin Upton 1 2 3

• 32 replies
    • 3.9k views

• God said he hates domed stadiums.  I hope everyone in the area who could left.
    • The O's need a #1 pitcher, an ace. I see 3 possibilities: 1.  Sign Sasaki.  Will he even be posted?  Would likely want to go to a west coast team. 2.  Snell.  Chance of injury, but when he is on, he is maybe the best pitcher in the game.  Maybe offer him a 5 year/$200 million deal.  Will that be enough?   3.  Trade for Crochet.  Crochet was maybe the best pitcher in baseball the 1st half of the season.  Lefty w a 99 mph fastball w lots of movement.  If the O's trade for him, they need to sign to an extension.  Can you do that if you haven't signed any players to extensions?  I'm imagining it won't go over to well in the Clubhouse if the O's trade for a player and extend him and don't extend Gunnar and Adley (players aren't looking at aging curves of catchers).    
    • Funny thing is, if the O's win, I'm generally so psyched on my way out that I don't even notice all of these annoyances. I'm just happy that the team won. That was my experience a lot this year when the team was doing well. Unfortunately about half of my 13 game season ticket plan was in August and September, plus I got to watch one of the pathetic WC games. You can smooth over a fair bit of fan annoyance with winning, but at the end of the day, someone has to care about the little things and actually invest money to make them better. There's no longer any question about whether the O's will be here to stay. The government and the team are aligned: OPACY and the Orioles are here, and we're going to make the best of what we have, and make it a centerpiece of Baltimore. That's great. But now they have to put their money where their mouths are. Show fans from all walks of life that we are able to reimagine OPACY and the surrounding area in the image of an efficient, clean, 21st century facility, starting with things as basic as infrastructure and plumbing, and ranging as far as parking, public trans, and food at the park. Honestly? I sort-of understood why they weren't investing in anything in the years when (1) the team was bad, and (2) ownership wasn't invested in the team, and (3) the renewal of the lease with the Maryland Stadium Authority was in doubt. The vast majority of points (1), (2) and (3) above are now non-issues, or have been majorly mitigated in the past 2 years. So it's time to make things right. Otherwise why bother with the long-term commitment at all, if you're just going to let the project languish?
    • Get Gurgi on massive doses of Xanax so he's positive in every game thread.
    • https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/the-roof-of-tropicana-field-was-ripped-off-by-hurricane-miltons-winds And the hurricane was a direct hit on Sarasota... in coming days we will se ehow the Orioles' facilities there fared.   I assume that the fall instructional camp had already completed?