DrungoHazewood

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I feel I'm reaching my prime age as a poster.    My recall isn't as good as it used to be, but I'm better at knowing when to shut up.  

Did you know that Nolan Reimold was older than Nick Markakis?

18 minutes ago, weams said:

Did you know that Nolan Reimold was older than Nick Markakis?

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Still is.

o

I think that he used to be, but not anymore. I think that Markakis passed him.

I remember when Abbott and Costello once talked about a 40 year-old man being 4 times older than a 10 year-old girl. That same man was only 3 times as older as the girl five years later, when he was 45 and she was 15. Fifteen years after that, he was only twice as old as she was (he was 60, and she was 30.)

Similarly, I think that Markakis is now a little older than Reimold, even though he used to be younger than him.

o

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I think that he used to be, but not anymore. I think that Markakis passed him.

I remember when Abbott and Costello once talked about a 40 year-old man being 4 times older than a 10 year-old girl. That same man was only 3 times as older as the girl five years later, when he was 45 and she was 15. Fifteen years after that, he was only twice as old as she was (he was 60, and she was 30.)

Similarly, I think that Markakis is now a little older than Reimold, even though he used to be younger than him.

o

Math gives me a headache.

The average age of offensive players on AL Opening Day rosters was 29.1.    The O's average 29.5, 10th youngest of 15 teams.   

On the other hand, our pitchers average 27.3, 2nd youngest in MLB.    That figure may be slightly distorted since we currently are carrying only 3 starters.

So I am not a 100% sure what this thread is all about, but it reminded me of this tweet I read earlier today which is fairly astonishing even for Trout:

Sometime this year, Mike Trout will likely collect his 1,000th career hit and 200th career homer. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/troutmi01.shtml  He's 25.

Edit:  So, I thought we just copied and pasted the embed data now?  Didn't work for me. 

Archived