O's win opener on Trumbo walkoff

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like it, especially the pitch sequencing stuff.  But on that note why didn't you mention Givens going FB after FB on Carrera?  I thought that was a sizeable miscalculation.

Honestly, it's harder to track all of that from the pressbox, especially on opening day. People are talking to you, things are going on, and sometimes it's harder to track the nuances of the game like pitch sequences every at bat like I can when I'm at home watching it on TV. I did mention to Scott Garceau that Givens really needs to refind his change in order to have success against lefties once again. He just tries to work away with the fastball although he did a nice job of taking Morales up the ladder the next inning.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Yes, that's a good format.   It's a lot of work, though!

Thanks. They all won't be that detailed obviously, but I was playing around with the format to see if it gave people something extra to read after the game. Always looking for a way to differentiate ourselves from the masses.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks. They all won't be that detailed obviously, but I was playing around with the format to see if it gave people something extra to read after the game. Always looking for a way to differentiate ourselves from the masses.

Nice format. 

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

How about a 'stat of the game' or 'odd stat of the game'? For instance, Toronto stranded 13 runners, and was 0-8 with RISP.

Otherwise, I like.

Jose Bautista 0 for 5

Two Double plays.

1 hour ago, weams said:

Jose Bautista 0 for 5

Two Double plays.

He had a good game defensively.   6 putouts, 2 assists and another good throw on Trumbo's double.   Rumors of his arm being shot are highly exaggerated.  

Archived