O'Day May Go On DL (Flu)

Can_of_corn

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Must be a bad flu.  

I thought he was feeling better today.  A DL trip seems a little excessive especially considering all the early off-days. 

Residual weakness and rust.  I think Buck wants a full pen given the state of the rotation.

10 minutes ago, panick said:

Between the injury last year and now sickness, his new contract is not looking like money well-spent.

Of course the amount of the money was ridiculous even if he hadn't missed any time.

I wouldn't point to a one or two week flu as evidence of this being a failed contract.  Also, it's less ridiculous when you look at what top-shelf relievers were paid this offseason.  

Mark Melancon got 4/62.  Brett Cecil got 4/30. O'Day has a similar track record to Melancon and a much better one than Cecil.  

O'Day got Cecil's contract. 

The "A" side of our pen today really got worked.  They can back date it to where he only misses one or two actual appearances. He could even throw in a rehab game in Bowie or Frederick. 

Our pen is going to have to throw more innings than last year at least early on with no Tillman. The shuttle will be in full swing. Wilson stepped up big today. 

Archived