How far can the Tarheels go in the tourney?

Sports Guy

As far as them playing again, if I am K, the #1 adjustment I make is to take Singler off of Barnes. Singler needs to be able to reserve more energy on the offensive end.

And put who on him? Who else do they have that can stick him? They don't have the athleticism anywhere to cover him (outside of Singler). IMO, they have to leave Singler on him or play zone more frequently.

And put who on him? Who else do they have that can stick him? They don't have the athleticism anywhere to cover him (outside of Singler). IMO, they have to leave Singler on him or play zone more frequently.

In a way, it doesn't matter. You just kind of let Barnes get his points.

To be honest, playing zone is probably the best defense against that team.

In a way, it doesn't matter. You just kind of let Barnes get his points.

To be honest, playing zone is probably the best defense against that team.

If the Devils don't commit to playing even mediocre transition defense, I don't really know how much their half-court defense will matter.

BTW, on a side note, I wouldn't be shocked if Dawkins transferred after the season.

I am not syaing he will and have heard nothing to think he would but his confidence is shot at this point and he is getting buried on the bench again.

He started the season off well, both offensively and defensively and he appeared to be a guy that would be a real key to the team this year off the bench but Curry has gone way past him and he just doesn't seem like he is into the games when he is in there.

Hopefully he can have a good tourney and get confidence and playing time back but right now, he is really struggling.

If Kyrie was going to stay I could see this as a possibility but Kyrie, from bball people I have talked to in Jersey area, have said he is gone after this year. Heard his parents are part of hte reason he has sat out the whole season. They wanted him to be fully recovered and not aggravate or re-injure his toe for when NBA draft tryouts and all that come around.

Guess only time will tell if this is true or not.

If Kyrie was going to stay I could see this as a possibility but Kyrie, from bball people I have talked to in Jersey area, have said he is gone after this year. Heard his parents are part of hte reason he has sat out the whole season. They wanted him to be fully recovered and not aggravate or re-injure his toe for when NBA draft tryouts and all that come around.

Guess only time will tell if this is true or not.

2 reasons why Irving could come back:

1) He is good friends with Rivers and has talked about wanting to play with him.

2) The very likely NBA lockout.

I still expect him to go though.

Holy crap! One of the best comebacks I've ever SEEN!

It was like UNC/Kansas in 2008, except they actually followed through!

That was insane. It was like UNC just woke up with 10 minutes left. Every game I watch them play, Marshall looks more and more like Jason Kidd. Man, that is one dangerous team.

I wonder if Larry Drew feels like less of a man now, because he now seems to be the sole reason for their early season ineptitude. His father should be fired from the Hawks for raising a bum.;)

I wonder if Larry Drew feels like less of a man now, because he now seems to be the sole reason for their early season ineptitude. His father should be fired from the Hawks for raising a bum.;)

I really have nothing to add here. You stated this so awesomely that I just wanted to quote it.

Must spread rep...

Holy crap! One of the best comebacks I've ever SEEN!

It was like UNC/Kansas in 2008, except they actually followed through!

Miami is awful.

They are a "street ball team"...Nothing but one on one. Chuck it up, try to make the spectacular play...Poorly coached.

2 reasons why Irving could come back:

1) He is good friends with Rivers and has talked about wanting to play with him.

2) The very likely NBA lockout.

I still expect him to go though.

Kyrie practiced before the game today...Was out running.

Maybe its no biggie but maybe he is going to be ready to play next week. :clap3:

Kyrie practiced before the game today...Was out running.

Maybe its no biggie but maybe he is going to be ready to play next week. :clap3:

Man, I thought Smith was gone though, they way he looked like he was in pain. Good to hear that it's a toe and not a high ankle.

Man, I thought Smith was gone though, they way he looked like he was in pain. Good to hear that it's a toe and not a high ankle.

Yea but as Duke fans know how bad a toe injury can be.

Unless he is absolutely 100% and not risking any damage tomorrow, I would not play him if I were Coach K.

Archived