Debbie Yow's letter to NCSU

The Epic

God bless you, NC State, for taking her off of our hands.

Hey, everyone who is trying to say that the Maryland situation can't get worse? I would advise reading through that thread a bit. Those are some broken-down fans, there.

I don't think a lot of people say things couldn't get worse. I think there are a lot of people who say that "things could get worse" is a bad reason for accepting sustained mediocrity.

But I will say good riddance. to Mrs. Yow. Getting rid of her is looking better and better all the time.

It can't get an better then when it first happened. Easily the best decision that this school has made since hiring Gary.

Except that it wasn't UM's decision to get rid of her. We have our friends in Raleigh to thank for that....otherwise, she's probably still mucking up the works in College Park.

Except that it wasn't UM's decision to get rid of her. We have our friends in Raleigh to thank for that....otherwise' date=' she's probably still mucking up the works in College Park.[/quote']

True, my fault. She was on the way out with the administration. The Terrapin Club was completely fed up with her.

She is now accusing Gary of sabotaging the NC State coaching search, which he probably did. Could not get more awesome. NC State sucks.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/4/5/2092998/debbie-yow-claims-gary-williams-sabotaged-the-n-c-state-coaching

True, my fault. She was on the way out with the administration. The Terrapin Club was completely fed up with her.

She is now accusing Gary of sabotaging the NC State coaching search, which he probably did. Could not get more awesome. NC State sucks.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/4/5/2092998/debbie-yow-claims-gary-williams-sabotaged-the-n-c-state-coaching

Well to be fair, if I was forced into hiring a guy fired for taking Alabama from an SEC contender to nothing (I can only assume Pat Kennedy turned them down) and who hasn't had a job in two years, I would be lashing out at any scapegoat I could find too.

More on Debbie...Gary is out to destroy NCST!

“I don’t have a reputation across all men’s basketball as being difficult to work with,” Yow told chuckling reporters. “I have a reputation of not getting along with Gary Williams, who has tried to sabotage the search. C’mon. We all know that. Okay? So, whatever. It’s not a reputation, it’s Gary Williams out there doing his thing. Whatever.”

[Oops. I somehow missed that this story had already been posted a few posts up.]

Gary didn't have to do anything to destroy NC State that their batpoop crazy fans and inept administration hadn't already done. Her inability to get along with Gary, and subsequent attempts to fire him on at least one, if not more, occasions, is well documented. Gary didn't have to go out of his way to talk about those issues. Yow has shown her colors as someone less than loyal to her troops. She merely looks like a petty fool in all of this. Gary has his issues. But so does she.

Gary didn't have to do anything to destroy NC State that their batpoop crazy fans and inept administration hadn't already done. Her inability to get along with Gary, and subsequent attempts to fire him on at least one, if not more, occasions, is well documented. Gary didn't have to go out of his way to talk about those issues. Yow has shown her colors as someone less than loyal to her troops. She merely looks like a petty fool in all of this. Gary has his issues. But so does she.

Did you see video of the press conference? It was awesome. Gottfried was sitting right there next to her while she said that she didn't want to hire him but had no choice because Gary "sabbotaged" her search. Wow. Can he resign yet? How can she have a job?

Well to be fair, if I was forced into hiring a guy fired for taking Alabama from an SEC contender to nothing (I can only assume Pat Kennedy turned them down) and who hasn't had a job in two years, I would be lashing out at any scapegoat I could find too.

Gottfried didn't take Alabama from an SEC contender to nothing. He took us to 5 straight tourneys and an Elite Eight. He had some tough years at the end, but he's not some program destroyer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Gottfried

Archived