Am I the only one who WASN'T anointing Buck as the second-coming? He's just a guy. Just an f-ing guy. Managerial decisions get WAY over AND under blown in sports.

You are funny. You were the guy tellign everyone that they weren't supporting the team because we knew the team was going to lose. Now, Buck is the worse manager on earth. Lol

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't like the moves by Showalter, but I'm really interested to see his reaction to this. From what I can tell, he doesn't stick with something/someone too long if it's costing us games... With that said, Koji should have been the closer, and damn well better be the closer now.

Get 'em tomorrow.

Post-game comments from Buck:

Arrieta's sequence was a lot better (sorry Fox)

Yankees have nine good hitters

One pitch got away from us a little bit there in the ninth inning (Gregg)

Only Gregg's first run in 4 outings. That shows about his moxy that he came back well to finish the outting

That's pretty much it. No Koji questions.

You are funny. You were the guy tellign everyone that they weren't supporting the team because we knew the team was going to lose. Now, Buck is the worse manager on earth. Lol

Whoa whoa....relax man, I was actually trying to downplay the general over-importance placed on him. I'm saying the Buck is the manager, but he was isn't responsible for this loss any more than he was responsible for the 6-1 start. Orioles baseball goes beyond any one man and I don't think it's right to place all the credit or blame on a single person. I never said he was bad, good, or whatever...just that he's a damn GUY in the clubhouse like everybody else.

The TEAM needs to band together and get some winning done.

this game was as much loss by the lack of a left fielder as what closer was used. I counted two hits that should have been outs in LF. The fact that Scott is slow and covers no ground allowed them to be classified as hits. They were not. Pie makes those plays and the entire game is different. Surrendering defense for offense rarely works. Sigh. Vlad signing made no sense if you do not trade Scott. He is a DH, period.

Archived