• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm wondering the same thing. Seems to me like it shouldn't' date=' but no one's talking about it.[/quote']

It's because the other runner tagged up and crossed home plate before the out was recorded. If it would of been a force play at second where let's say the runner didn't touch the bag the run would not of counted.

It's so easy to strike Vlad out haha. It's crazy.

And its so easy for Vlad to get a hit off the pitcher. Goes both ways. He's hitting pretty well so far this year, .275. I'll take that. Compared to most of our other hitters...

Understood -- I only saw the 3rd IP, thanks. But the velo differential, assuming no armspeed deceleration, is going to be measured from the 4S. So the CH should be bumping up against the bottom of the 2S, right? If Britton is an 88-93 2S and 92-94 4S I'd expect his CH could fall anywhere in the 84-86 range. As long as the pitcher is getting the movement, I don't worry about it being throw "too hard", so long as he has the velo delta with the 4S.

That's fair, and it's really only 1-2 MPH we're talking about here.

I'm wondering the same thing. Seems to me like it shouldn't' date=' but no one's talking about it.[/quote']

I always thought a run could not score if a player was forced out. In order to advance on a fly ball you have to tag which means if you don't you are forced out. Therefor just like the run doesn't count on a groundout I thought it didn't count on a force on a fly.

It's not like they gunned down the runner at the next base after the lead runner scored.

And its so easy for Vlad to get a hit off the pitcher. Goes both ways. He's hitting pretty well so far this year, .275. I'll take that. Compared to most of our other hitters...

Nah, he's really not. A lot of those hits were little bloops/seeing-eye ground balls. I'm not saying Vlad isn't a good hitter as a whole, but right now, not so much.

Archived