O's vs Royals 5/5

Going Underground

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know off hand if the miserable World Baseball Classic is going to destroy spring training next year?

Do I know if it's going to destroy spring training? I can't predict the future.

If you're asking if there will be a WBC next year, I think so. They have it every three years, and the last one was in 2009.

If you're asking if there will be a WBC next year, I think so. They have it every three years, and the last one was in 2009.

I wish they would just kill this thing.

Actually, it's 2013. Wikipedia:

As of August 2009, plans call for the World Baseball Classic to be repeated every four years following the 2009 event, with the third installment of the Classic to occur in 2013. Other plans for the 2013 World Baseball Classic include possibly the "expansion of the field to 24... with qualifying rounds as a preface to reach the main competition" (Barry M. Bloom, MLB.com).[9]

And I actually enjoy the WBC. A lot more than the MLB season, actually, when the Orioles are trying to avoid 100 losses and the Yankees and Red Sox are headed to the postseason.

Anyone know off hand if the miserable World Baseball Classic is going to destroy spring training next year?

I don't know either way, but I don't want Guthrie within 1000 miles of the WBC, if it does occur.

Actually, it's 2013. Wikipedia:

And I actually enjoy the WBC. A lot more than the MLB season, actually, when the Orioles are trying to avoid 100 losses.

Ah, thanks. I remember the first two were in 2006 and 2009, so I thought it was a three-year schedule.

Was going to say... It's 5 o clock somewhere.

No kidding. Heck, it's almost 5 o'clock here! And I think we can tack on another hour as sympathy for the O's performance so far. So in my world, it just turned 5 o'clock. My typing may get messy going forward.

Archived