vs. ATHLETICS 5/29

OFFNY

Nolan got a bad read on that can of corn. Felix runs under it. You can kid yourself all you want. You play Reimold and you suffer his glove. You hope his bat makes up for it.

If you think that was a can of corn, our definitions are starkly different.

You could say the same thing about Pie, you know. You suffer his bat, and you hope his glove makes up for it.

This team needs good hitters that know how to take a friggin' pitch occasionally. There's a reason their offense sucks - they can't get on base. They don't make pitchers work. They swing at pitches outside the zone OFTEN.

They need a good hitter desperately.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do notice the Felix got key hit in our 4 run rally. He's not the liability his harters would have you believe.BTW Superboy in RF has more 1 pitch AB today than Felix.

There's only ONE Felix Pie, I'm sorry. You don't have to trash the rest of the team b/c their names don't happen to be Felix Pie. He's in centerfield, where he belongs IMO.

He can't play all three outfield positions simultaneously. You probably think he could, I know... but it's against the rules.

Yeah but Nolan was offended to be told he needed to work on his fielding.

Why does no one seem to be upset by that?

I didn't comment in that thread. Who knows what context it was said in. But still, that is troubling.

If you think that was a can of corn, our definitions are starkly different.

You could say the same thing about Pie, you know. You suffer his bat, and you hope his glove makes up for it.

This team needs good hitters that know how to take a friggin' pitch occasionally. There's a reason their offense sucks - they can't get on base. They don't make pitchers work. They swing at pitches outside the zone OFTEN.

They need a good hitter desperately.

Pir is fast as hell, but he doesn't always get good reads on balls, either ....... when he is playing the field AND when he is running the bases on offense. I have no idea what he was seeing (or thinking) when he was beyond second base on a routine fly earlier in the game. Only a horrible throw prevented him from being doubled up.

You do notice the Felix got key hit in our 4 run rally. He's not the liability his harters would have you believe.BTW Superboy in RF has more 1 pitch AB today than Felix.

Come on man, Pie`s career ops is .690 and this year its .592. He is absolutely a liability at the plate.

Done following this one remotely. Think I'll watch the clouds move against the sky and the Joads grind cigarette butts into the dirt... Infinitely more fulfilling...

You know we're only down one run, right? :)

Archived