6/22 at Pirates

Saintbird

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe when a RH is at bat Hardy can play SS and then when a LH is up, Hardy plays 2B. I've seen it work in co-ed softball.

I was thinking the same kinda thing with Reynolds. But didnt think Lee could do it.

Who's that?

NM

Minor league catching instructor Don Werner will take over as the Orioles' bullpen coach, starting with Friday's series opener against the Cincinnati Reds. Terry Crowley, an organizational hitting consultant, has been the bullpen coach on this road trip after pitching coach Mark Connor's resignation June 14. That pushed previous bullpen coach Rick Adair into the pitching coach role.

Werner will fill in until Aug. 1, then his role will be re-evaluated. Werner, a former big league catcher, has been in the Orioles' organization for nine years, the past five as a roving catching instructor.

"One, he's an Oriole. He throws good batting practice. I was really impressed with him this spring," Showalter said. "A good fit for us. From an organization standpoint, it probably taxes us the least as far as what you are taking them away from. I think we are going to do it until Aug. 1, and see where we are with it and kind of see where we are with some of the catchers in the system."

care-actors

Archived