Question about our recent draftees

This is mainly geared to the draft gurus out there and those who follow or have followed our recent draftees. Lets say Ruettiger and Coats are asking for the same amount of money, who would you rather sign and why?

The other question I have is who would you rather sign Esposito or say Delmonico and Coats? Who and why?

I have read alot about Delmonico, Coats, and Ruettiger as over-slot picks, who else did we draft that looks over-slot or high upside. I remember reading about the kid we took from a high school in Alabama and a H.S. SS we took from Florida. Do you see any Parker Bridwells, Cam Coffeys, or B. Bundy's in this draft?

Zach Davies (26th, LHP, AZ HS)

Brad Roney (18th, 3B, AL HS)

Ryan Meyer (32nd, RHP, FL HS)

This year's draft is very heavy on the high schoolers, so there's probably lots that I'm missing. These three are guys I have heard a little about and like a bit.

Zach Davies (26th, LHP, AZ HS)

Brad Roney (18th, 3B, AL HS)

Ryan Meyer (32nd, RHP, FL HS)

This year's draft is very heavy on the high schoolers, so there's probably lots that I'm missing. These three are guys I have heard a little about and like a bit.

And if I may, I'd like to add a supplemental question that I've been wondering about, but which does not warrant an entire new thread. Who is projected to be the better player--Delmonico or Esposito?

Hopefully we sign at least ONE of them.

From what I understand, both have similar ceilings and some of the same concerns. Esposito is probably a bit safer because of the college vs. high school thing, also probably a bit better with the glove. Delmonico might have a slightly higher ceiling with the bat. Stotle or RVAbird would probably know better.

From what I understand, both have similar ceilings and some of the same concerns. Esposito is probably a bit safer because of the college vs. high school thing, also probably a bit better with the glove. Delmonico might have a slightly higher ceiling with the bat. Stotle or RVAbird would probably know better.

This is about what I have figured, solely from what I've learned on this site. Both seem like the types of players that organizations need to acquire.

I personally think Delmonico is better off heading to college and upping his stock. His performance this spring and last summer doesn't warrant $1.5 - 2 million. That said, his ceiling with the bat is probably higher than Esposito's because his deficiencies aren't as deeply engrained. Esposito more likely to have positive defensive value.

Coats > Reutiger by fair amount.

Yes, Ryan Meyer was another over-slot I read a lot about. He looks like a pretty good late round pick. Is Espo. looking for more money then Delmonico? Im not sure what slot is for Espo. Personally there is absolutely no reason we should'nt sign Delmonico, Espo., Coats, and Ruttiger considering what we don't spend on Int. market. Just read the M's signed Victor Sanchez who was the cream of the crop as far as Int. pitching talent this year. The M's do a very good job landing top latin talent. From what little video I have found on Sanchez the kid looks legit. I read he's been on team's radars since he was 13.

I personally think Delmonico is better off heading to college and upping his stock. His performance this spring and last summer doesn't warrant $1.5 - 2 million. That said, his ceiling with the bat is probably higher than Esposito's because his deficiencies aren't as deeply engrained. Esposito more likely to have positive defensive value.

Coats > Reutiger by fair amount.

Stotle, taking price out of the equation who do you like better Delmonico or Esposito? Delmonico looks like he could develop into a nice power hitting 3B. What kind of ceiling do both players have? If Delmonico didnt have the demands he has would he have been a sup. 1st round type draftee?

Stotle, taking price out of the equation who do you like better Delmonico or Esposito? Delmonico looks like he could develop into a nice power hitting 3B. What kind of ceiling do both players have? If Delmonico didnt have the demands he has would he have been a sup. 1st round type draftee?

Had Delmonico at #62 on my pref list and Esposito at #75. Approximately 2nd round talents, worth $500-700K. We don't really know what Delmonico can do defensively at 3B yet. There is BP power in the bat that hasn't really manifected in game. Esposito is the better defensive bet at 3B. Delmonico has more time to clean-up his offensive shortcomings. Neither were worthy of Day 1 (1st Rd, Supp-1st) selection.

Had Delmonico at #62 on my pref list and Esposito at #75. Approximately 2nd round talents, worth $500-700K. We don't really know what Delmonico can do defensively at 3B yet. There is BP power in the bat that hasn't really manifected in game. Esposito is the better defensive bet at 3B. Delmonico has more time to clean-up his offensive shortcomings. Neither were worthy of Day 1 (1st Rd, Supp-1st) selection.

Interesting stuff. Thanks fellas. Who knows maybe we luck out and land both Esposito and Delmonico!

Interesting stuff. Thanks fellas. Who knows maybe we luck out and land both Esposito and Delmonico!

Unfortunately with the Orioles, Luck doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. However I agree that we need to inject talent into the organization so we can all hope.

Question for Stotle: How has your organization done this year with signing your overslots? Are there real concerns from the HS kids and a hard cap with the next CBA? I would think some advisors would think long and hard about that, but maybe I am wrong.

Unfortunately with the Orioles, Luck doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. However I agree that we need to inject talent into the organization so we can all hope.

Question for Stotle: How has your organization done this year with signing your overslots? Are there real concerns from the HS kids and a hard cap with the next CBA? I would think some advisors would think long and hard about that, but maybe I am wrong.

One "tough" HS target that I understand we REALLY want, but is "50/50" to sign (not in my region). Signed one that was expected to be much tougher. The HS kid from my region that me and my area scout are most interested in will probably be heading to school. So far as I know, CBA not even in consideration for family/advisor.

Generally there are specific player types we'll go overslot for. If you are not in that category, we are not going to listen to your overslot demands. That said, there is a ton of diligence that goes into making sure we aren't wasting an early pick on someone outside of our overslot profile if that player is looking for overslot money. Had one big surprise on that front but resolved itself within about three weeks or so.

Archived