OH's Bedard Contract Offer/Trade Update?

Peace21

I hope it's not the 8/160 that Peace was hinting at. :D

BTW, we really need a new thread for this? Isn't the Bedard Offer Update just a few threads down good enough?

No its not...A question like this can lost in a long thread like that...I am asking if there is any new info on this.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dodgers can put together the best package, but the Braves could bundle a very nice offer, as well. Howsabout Chuck James, JoJo Reyes, Brent Lillifield, and Jordan Schafer?

James just turned 26, was a dominant minor leaguer and has done decently in the majors. He was inconsistent last year, but he's had a bunch of nagging injuries and could develop into a number 2 starter. Reyes was rushed to the majors before he was ready last season, but in 6 games (36 innings) at AAA, he was 4-0 on a 1.00 ERA at 22 years old. Lillifield - a lot's been said, and he may be ready to start at SS next season. He fields well, steals bases, and should hit reasonably well in a couple of years. The real prize is Schafer, voted the #1 prospect in the Carolina League, he'll start next season in AA, and could be the O's CFer to start the 2009 season. The Braves got a good CFer at the same level in the Renteria trade, so Schafer could be available.

The Braves seem to want to make one last push with their old guys pitching staff - Smoltz, Glavine, Hudson, and Hampton. Bedard would fit in real nicely.

So, in 2009, you see the light for the O's up the middle - Weiters at C, Lillifield at SS, and Schafer in CF. The dawn of a new day.

I wouldn't expect the Orioles to be aggressive with the one move this offseason that basically determines how it should go.

Amazing.

Didn't you read Sonny76's post? Hopefully if they did talk over the weekend, Peace21 will know something today...

I think you mean Lillibridge.

James would get killed in the AL...Low K rate, high BB and HR rates don't translate well.

Yes, his MiL numbers were impressive but he did do it in pitcher's leagues and was old for his league at practically every stop.

Actually, his stats at basically the same ages have followed Bedard's career almost identically.

Archived