Favorite Player

UnashamedRiver

Who's your favorite player not on the O's? Mine is definitely Jose Bautista. I like watching him. He's always on base. He's also taking guys deep. And he is just entertaining to watch.
I've liked Verlander for a long time, and this year I somehow managed to get him on my fantasy team as the 11th SP taken. He is definitely my guy at this point. SPs who go the distance are my baseball idols, so Halladay and King Felix are up there too.

I've liked Verlander for a long time, and this year I somehow managed to get him on my fantasy team as the 11th SP taken. He is definitely my guy at this point. SPs who go the distance are my baseball idols, so Halladay and King Felix are up there too.

Bautista is my favorite overall player. As for pitchers I like watching Lincecum, Verlander and Johan Santana. There is nothing like watching a pitcher just mow down an entire team and just start striking out everybody.

There are a ton of players I like, but Roy Halladay takes the prize for me. He's from a bygone era. Right now he's on his way to leading his league in complete games for the 7th time.

Current active complete game leaders:

Halladay 65

L. Hernandez 50

Sabathia 33

Wakefield 33

The guy is a Man in an era of boys.

It's hard to root against Roy Halladay, except of course when he's facing your team. He's got a bulldog mentality, wants the ball every inning, and he just keeps pitching deep every single game. Plus, he's got an ice man personality and plays the game the right way. He's not out there to show up your team on the mound with flamboyant and bombastic crap. The only way he shows up your team is in the final score.

Archived