Heyman: O's could sign Crisp soon (Update: Crisp signs with A's)

Greg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is what you can keep saying as other teams sign legitimate major league players and we sign post prospect minor leaguers.

The guy is a leadoff hitter with a sub .320 OBA and a Sub .700 OPS. Sure, he stole bases. I said one five or two 10 as my thoughts on his value to the Orioles. He is a Major league setup man away from that value with the A's contract. I see he did not get a no trade clause.

The guy is a leadoff hitter with a sub .320 OBA and a Sub .700 OPS. Sure, he stole bases. I said one five or two 10 as my thoughts on his value to the Orioles. He is a Major league setup man away from that value with the A's contract. I see he did not get a no trade clause.

BTW, you can over pay by two million a year for young talent with upside, but not a guys who has peaked and is now in decline.

The A's need to field a respectable team in order to get their San Jose Stadium. God Bless them.

That is what you can keep saying as other teams sign legitimate major league players and we sign post prospect minor leaguers.

While I agree with your sentiment, Crisp would be a waste of $$$ for the Orioles at those numbers. It would just be more of the same - wasting $$ on an average player at best. If we are going to sign some guys we need to sign difference makers. We already have enough middle of the pack and below guys to put the uniform on. Just sayn.'

Archived