Would you be happy with this trade with Atlanta?

Sports Guy

Would you be happy with the trade listed below?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with the trade listed below?

• Yes, no matter who the 4th player is
    • No, I don't like the trade at all
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Spruill
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Medlen
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Salcedo
    • Yes if the 4th player is Hoover

This poll is closed to new votes

Yea but they had the worst SS production in the majors last year and it is so much easier to find a 2 win LF then a 2 win SS like Andino could be..Plus they would save some money and could sign so FA to platoon or trade JJ for a LF I would expect either to happen if a Prado trade went down..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Orioles and Braves make a Prado deal without AJ which is I agree is possible but not likely(no trade is) you better bump this thread and admit your absolute statement was bred out of ignorance..

And ill thank you for being such a good sport.

Definitely will :beerchug1:

Just like I already admitted I would eat crow if the Braves trade Jurrjens/Prado/top prospect for Jones. I'm not afraid to admit I am wrong when need be.

Sorry, but there is 0% the Braves will be making a trade that involves Prado for Andino and a bunch of low level prospects when the Braves' minor league system is among the best in baseball. Prado is just too valuable to the Braves and will be the starting LF barring a trade for Jones.

Prado + someone like Theriot >>>>> Andino + Reimold or a free agent like Luke Scott

Not logical thinking. It's either Jones trade, which I've also said will probably not happen, or no trade at all. The Braves are perfectly fine going into next season with the roster they currently have.

I know there are guys here that will go above and beyond to defend you, But you talk as if you work in ther Braves front office or are in fact their GM.

No trade is likely until its made ...But Sheesh ....Why dont you stop making statements that are your opinion as if they were actually fact?

I'll admit, I just pretty much check in on Rotoworld to see if there is any news. I don't remember seeing anything on there recently. Have you got any links because I'd love to read up on what I missed?
Check in with MLBTR occasionally.

He's not talking any differently than anyone else on here does. We know it's his opinion.

Yeah ...But show me any poster on here that does it in nearly every post ...and also replys at the other posters with one of these ----->>>>>> :laughlol:

I've never seen him direct anyone to a link to support anything he's said.

Isn't this the problem? They want the O's to give a a better player for a worse one?

Like any trade, there wants to be holes filled by each side. I've stated before, from all the information that has been made public, that from all reports it seems the Braves are offering something like Jurrjens/Medlen/Salcedo/Spruill/maybe another young pitcher. The Braves fill their need for an upgrade at the corner outfield position while allowing both Minor and Teheran to have a spot in the rotation, and the Orioles have the pieces that will be around for the next 5, 6, 7 years, which is what they should be focusing on. Now it doesn't seem the Orioles are all that interested in what the Braves are offering, which is why I've said numerous times I don't believe a deal will be made.

Just from being a Braves fan and knowing how Frank thinks, he's just not going to back down from his stance on not giving up his 5 young arms that are under control for the long term future. And he is in a bit more control right now due to being perfectly fine going into this season with the team he has now, with the exception of adding a utility guy, while the Orioles know that Jones won't have more value than he does now, and might struggle to sign Jones to an extension.

All I'm saying is the Braves aren't going to make a late panic move, because they feel comfortable right now, IMO (this is for Johnny)

Like any trade, there wants to be holes filled by each side. I've stated before, from all the information that has been made public, that from all reports it seems the Braves are offering something like Jurrjens/Medlen/Salcedo/Spruill/maybe another young pitcher. The Braves fill their need for an upgrade at the corner outfield position while allowing both Minor and Teheran to have a spot in the rotation, and the Orioles have the pieces that will be around for the next 5, 6, 7 years, which is what they should be focusing on. Now it doesn't seem the Orioles are all that interested in what the Braves are offering, which is why I've said numerous times I don't believe a deal will be made.

Just from being a Braves fan and knowing how Frank thinks, he's just not going to back down from his stance on not giving up his 5 young arms that are under control for the long term future. And he is in a bit more control right now due to being perfectly fine going into this season with the team he has now, with the exception of adding a utility guy, while the Orioles know that Jones won't have more value than he does now, and might struggle to sign Jones to an extension.

All I'm saying is the Braves aren't going to make a late panic move, because they feel comfortable right now, IMO (this is for Johnny)

Where is your link to back up either one of these statements? If Jones improved his OBP his value would be higher. As a young player its possible if not probable .... Fangraphs even has a article that a team buying Jones must be willing to pay for what he couldbe ...rather than what he is now.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/adam-jones-unfinished-product/

I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this subject being a Orioles/Braves fan. I am a born Orioles fan and spent the first 30 years of my life watching a ton of GREAT O's baseball in Baltimore, but I moved to Georgia in 1981 and have become a huge Braves fan as well.

Some things to consider:

The effort to move Prado has little to do with his off year in 2011. Prado had an injury followed by a one month staph infection, followed by fatigue related to that condition. He looked tired and seemed to be struggling with his mechanics throughout the second half. I personally believe he will rebound nicely as do the Braves.

What has not been touched on here (and is a very big part of the equation) is that Prado believes he earned the full time second base job in 2010, and was very disappointed when Uggla was traded for and then extended. He knows his best shot at an everyday job in the majors is at 2nd base. Many Braves fans still believe that the Uggla trade was a mistake and that Wren should have left Prado at second and traded for a an outfield bat last winter instead.

The Braves fully intend to go with Pastornicky at SS but do have need of a utility inf who can play that position. They have Brandon Hicks who they brought up briefly last season and Infielders Drew Sutton and Josh Wilson who were signed to minor league deals and will get a long look.

They are trying very hard to get a good young 3rd base prospect for either JJ or Prado to replace Chipper next year. I think that would be their first priority in a trade. A healthy Prado backed by Hinske and Diaz in left is not a terrible scenario, and they still need Prado to fill in for Chipper until they come up with a better replacement at third.

The need for more power is not as big a deal as some on here want to make it. The Braves had enough HRs last year in spite of numerous players having down years offensively, and yes, they had a hard time scoring runs at times but the lack of men on base played a huge part in this. If Adam Jones was a sure 30+ HR threat then I could see him as a big boost to their offense, but he is not.

Personally I would rather see the Braves work a deal for Reimold involving Prado only, and then trade JJ at mid season for the future 3rd baseman they need. I have watched enough of Jurrjens to know he is a VERY good pitcher, and if he starts next season anything like he did the last he will command a king's ransom at the deadline!

Like I have said elsewhere, Wren has stated as recently as last week that he WILL NOT part with the big 4 pitching prospects which definitely includes Minor who looked good in his brief trial last year, and showed continued improvement as the season progressed. If Minor or any of those 4 were to be put on the trade block the offers would be pouring in!

I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this subject being a Orioles/Braves fan. I am a born Orioles fan and spent the first 30 years of my life watching a ton of GREAT O's baseball in Baltimore, but I moved to Georgia in 1981 and have become a huge Braves fan as well.

Some things to consider:

The effort to move Prado has little to do with his off year in 2011. Prado had an injury followed by a one month staph infection, followed by fatigue related to that condition. He looked tired and seemed to be struggling with his mechanics throughout the second half. I personally believe he will rebound nicely as do the Braves.

What has not been touched on here (and is a very big part of the equation) is that Prado believes he earned the full time second base job in 2010, and was very disappointed when Uggla was traded for and then extended. He knows his best shot at an everyday job in the majors is at 2nd base. Many Braves fans still believe that the Uggla trade was a mistake and that Wren should have left Prado at second and traded for a an outfield bat last winter instead.

The Braves fully intend to go with Pastornicky at SS but do have need of a utility inf who can play that position. They have Brandon Hicks who they brought up briefly last season and Infielders Drew Sutton and Josh Wilson who were signed to minor league deals and will get a long look.

They are trying very hard to get a good young 3rd base prospect for either JJ or Prado to replace Chipper next year. I think that would be their first priority in a trade. A healthy Prado backed by Hinske and Diaz in left is not a terrible scenario, and they still need Prado to fill in for Chipper until they come up with a better replacement at third.

The need for more power is not as big a deal as some on here want to make it. The Braves had enough HRs last year in spite of numerous players having down years offensively, and yes, they had a hard time scoring runs at times but the lack of men on base played a huge part in this. If Adam Jones was a sure 30+ HR threat then I could see him as a big boost to their offense, but he is not.

Personally I would rather see the Braves work a deal for Reimold involving Prado only, and then trade JJ at mid season for the future 3rd baseman they need. I have watched enough of Jurrjens to know he is a VERY good pitcher, and if he starts next season anything like he did the last he will command a king's ransom at the deadline!

Like I have said elsewhere, Wren has stated as recently as last week that he WILL NOT part with the big 4 pitching prospects which definitely includes Minor who looked good in his brief trial last year, and showed continued improvement as the season progressed. If Minor or any of those 4 were to be put on the trade block the offers would be pouring in!

Minor and Teheran have that kind of potential, but the Braves think that Vizcaino will end up in the pen and while Delgado is a good pitching prospect, but he is a guy that many teams have in the minors IMO. The Braves can keep those 4 big arms and still deal JJ, Prado, Beachy and another lower level prospect IMO.

Minor and Teheran have that kind of potential, but the Braves think that Vizcaino will end up in the pen and while Delgado is a good pitching prospect, but he is a guy that many teams have in the minors IMO. The Braves can keep those 4 big arms and still deal JJ, Prado, Beachy and another lower level prospect IMO.

"There is also pitching help on the way for the Atlanta Braves as top pitching prospect, 20-year-old Arodys Vizcaino was called up Wednesday. Eventually Vizcaino will be a starter for the Braves, but at least this year he will be used in the bullpen. The righty throws in the mid-90s and, in 97 innings at Class AA Mississippi and Class AAA Gwinnett, had a 100-28 strikeout-to-walk ratio while fashioning a combined 3.06 ERA.

He may need to work on his secondary pitches to get into the Braves rotation next spring but for now his fast ball and control should be all he needs in relief."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/fantasywindup/post/2011/08/jd-martinez-arodys-vizcaino/1

Archived