Orioles have agreed to terms, pending physical, with INF Wilson Betemit

Greg

We should have just waited to sell Snyder to the Rangers til after ST!

It is never a problem. They bring in all the guys who can't hit but wore the gear in high school. It is fun to watch the catchers at minor league spring training. Don Werner gives them daily instruction and then they each catch about 6 pitchers side sessions.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reimold projects to be the everyday left fielder so it won't be him.

Exactly...I could have pointed to Jones as an example, who DH's when Wilson is not playing? I'd like to see him as a good PH option off the bench. Just not yet seeing a good platoon option to compliment Betemit. Maybe Jai Miller? or another acquisition is pending. For example, Prado still makes sense with Betemit on this team, potentially...IMO

Glad to have Betemit and the value he brings to the Orioles roster, but who does he platoon with against LHP? RHB's like Reimold hit RHP better than LHP's (in 2011, but his 2010 distracted season splits were more the opposite).
I'm thinking Reynolds should slide to DH against LHP and either Antonelli or Flaherty should fill in at 3B. It's a defensive upgrade and hopefully one of the two hits a little.

I think that it will be a combination of Reynolds and Wieters.

Archived