And Buster Olney takes a little shot as well

ChaosLex

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody could be convinced, at this point. But to me, this is one of the most interesting things about the season. Can DD find 2 or 3 guys who seemed sketchy, but turn out to be pretty decent players?

I'm rooting for Eveland to have a good year, just so that 90% of the posters will have to eat crow.

Me too. After all that defending I did of the move (sorta), if he comes out and gets shelled I'll feel bad.

I can't really disagree with Olney. There's nothing overtly exciting about the moves we have made in the domestic market this winter.

There's a part of me, though, that is looking at this winter as a test of Duquette's ability to find undervalued players and get good value from them. I'm looking forward to seeing what value, if any, is provided by Antonelli, Chavez, Betemit, Miller, Flaherty (if he makes the roster), Teagarden and Eveland. If they're all bums, well, Duquette got what he paid for. If several of them pan out, that's the sign of a GM with a good eye for value. I think we'll find out a little something about DD and his team from this.

Wow, your stretching man:) The offseason was a disaster. The fans knows it, the national media knows, everyone knows it. So if one or two the players bounce back he should get a medal? Come on, luck of the draw. Peter still has plenty to spend and he isn't spending it. Have that money be with top-notch scouting and player development personnel (and not from Broadmead) or free agents.

We will continue to be the laughing stock of baseball. If this zombie of an organization were over at M&T stadium, perhaps they would get the shelling they deserve by the local media. New Year, new gm, new excuses. We still stink and will continue to stink until we see new ownership. This blind hope in DD is all fine and dandy, but we all know how the story ends.

Archived