Do you think this is the year the Nats really start to infringe on the Orioles?

NewMarketSean

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine the "New Season Smell" will wear off quite quickly this year and I will have no problem watching Nats games over O's ones on the MLB package when that happens.

I love the O's, but I also love old Deniro movies. It doesn't mean I'll lower myself to watching Meet the Parents 8.

Yeah, but you don't say "I'm going to go see the new Ryan Reynolds movie" to make a statement about DeNiro's career choices :P

Just as long as anyone who jumps stays.

This is honestly the most predictable post in the history of this board. Your schtick is getting so old dude.

I might follow them more this year in all honesty. I have my own personal reasons of trying to get on the nerves of the Philly fans I work with, but I guess that kind of thing isn't OK with you BTerp?

This is honestly the most predictable post in the history of this board. Your schtick is getting so old dude.

I might follow them more this year in all honesty. I have my own personal reasons of trying to get on the nerves of the Philly fans I work with, but I guess that kind of thing isn't OK with you BTerp?

I don't believe I was talking to or about you. So the attitude is misplaced.

I used to hold some agitation to the Nationals. Not any more. Now I'm somewhere between indifferent and curious. My heart will always be with the Orioles. But until they even pretend to care, I'm willing to set all that aside and watch the Nats from arms length. I'll get to a game or two at Camden Yards. I'll even watch some games on TV because that's my habit. But when it comes to spending money and going to games? More of that is going to DC. It'll just be more interesting. And I'd rather watch good baseball without any frustration than get frustrated watching bad baseball.

I don't believe I was talking to or about you. So the attitude is misplaced.

Ha! The irony of this post. Its your attitude that is misplaced. Why must you be so indignant if fans decide to gravitate more towards the Nats? And you were talking to me because the thought of the Nats has been infringing on my mind. Mostly out of jealousy, but its still been there.

John-OH pretty much nails it in the post above mine. I suppose you are telling him to not come back as well, but my guess is you'll take a much more nuanced approach in your reply. Which is entirely my point.

I used to hold some agitation to the Nationals. Not any more. Now I'm somewhere between indifferent and curious. My heart will always be with the Orioles. But until they even pretend to care, I'm willing to set all that aside and watch the Nats from arms length. I'll get to a game or two at Camden Yards. I'll even watch some games on TV because that's my habit. But when it comes to spending money and going to games? More of that is going to DC. It'll just be more interesting. And I'd rather watch good baseball without any frustration than get frustrated watching bad baseball.

Yep, this is pretty much exactly how I feel. It's kinda like how I feel towards the Ravens being a Redskins fan. I don't hold any ill-will towards them at all, we play once every 4 years, and then only in the fluke chance we'd play in the Super Bowl. They are a local team and as long as it isn't at the expense of my team I'd like to see them do well.

I just don't see why loyalty has to be a one-way street. No one on this board, not one single person, can say the Orioles have done anything for us. We've given loyalty, we've defended the organization, we've bought tickets and done everything fans could possibly be asked. And for what? Just because they wear Baltimore across the front? That may be good enough for some people, but after 15 years, to me, that's just laundry. I'll always love this franchise. But I won't even pretend, I won't even try to fool myself into thinking this organization values that loyalty. Truthfully, it's my belief that the organization doesn't care. At the very top, profits keep going up and that's all that matters. Any other wins are incidental. I think, as far as it goes with the Orioles, the organization feels any loyalty, any emotion we give to the Orioles, is just great. But do I feel any of it has been reciprocated? Heck no. And I no longer harbor any illusion that things will ever change for a long time.

I always ask someone this, do most Ravens fan cheer for the Redskins. Nope. I've tried to like other teams, its just hard. I've tried to follow the Indians, Rockies, and Rays, but can never get strength to like die hard follow them. I do route for them come playoff times though. If I ever move to another city when I am older I will probably follow that cities team or team close by along with the O's. This should be fine for me because I don't think I ever want to live in Boston, New York, or Philly :P.

I either root for the Orioles or i don't follow baseball. That's about it for me. The Nationals mean as much to me as the New York Mets, or the Cleveland Indians.

Yeah, this is it for me as well.

Like Frobby, I tend to think the fanbase has pretty much sorted itself out by this point. If the Nats have a successful season and gain more fans, it will likely be casual fans who will be just as quick to turn away again if the team struggles. I don't ever see that city really fervently supporting the Nationals like they do the Redskins, but certainly a sustained run of success would help.

Archived