Keith Law on 105.7 right now

cwalker3

He also had to build his staff from guys out of work because of how late he got the job. Trust me, I don't think anyone thinks the Orioles problems were solved the second DD was hired, but other than the questionable Guthrie trade, at least it appears Duquette's team is leaving no stone on turned. Time will tell whether the Orioles are acquiring the right guys, but I'm not going to start thinking the FO is full of complete out of touch morons because Law tells me so. Law can have any opinion he wants, but he's so negative about Duquette that his opinion lacks weight because he's biased. He's dug himself in as a Duquette hater so now he has to keep up the act in order to keep people listening to him.

I'm not saying everything he says he false, or that there is not some merit in how things work from Angelos down, but other than the Guthrie trade Duquette has done enough things to effect change that I'm willing to give it a chance to work. Maybe Duquette's front office will end up the baseball version of "Space Cowboys." Nobody thought they could still do it but maybe they have some old tricks up their sleeves? After seeing no progress or real change under MacPhail, I'm willing to try anything.

I'm going to give Duquettes team a few years before I start bashing their abilities. Law on the other hand has been bashing since Lacava turned the O's down and hasn't stopped since.

Duquette has hired a new Scouting director, hitting coordinator and pitching coordinator from good organizations and has signed more international pitchers then any other GM this offseason. I willing to give him a chance.

Well said Tony. The Orioles desperately need new ownership, we all know that. But let's DD a chance to build a great organization. He's done it before, he can do it now.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blah blah blah, the media hates us, blah blah, he just doesn't know what's going on, blah, go O's, blah blah, orange lollipops and gummy bears, blah blah, orange monkey dishwasher.

Well what do you expect them to say Shane? We have the worst owner and worst run team in all of baseball and probably all pro sports.

Well said Tony. The Orioles desperately need new ownership, we all know that. But let's DD a chance to build a great organization. He's done it before, he can do it now.

Baseball has changed drastically in the 10 years he's been away from baseball. IMO he's running the team like its 10 years ago.

Baseball has changed drastically in the 10 years he's been away from baseball. IMO he's running the team like its 10 years ago.

Interesting, could you spell out the difference in how a team was run 10 years ago compared to today? What are GMs doing differently then they were doing 10 years ago and what specifically is Duquette doing that is different from all the other "progressive" GMs?

You are just a poo poo'er. :)

The man's be on the job for 3 months and you have already determined he stinks. That's laughable (to steal and SG line)

This is like the Cam Cameron situation. Everyone wanted MacPhail gone, and now we wish he was back. Everyone wants Cam gone, but maybe he is better than anything out there.

The difference is, the Ravens recognized this while the Orioles did not. (actually, the O's did, but MacPhail ran for the hills.)

Come on... you're comparing Apples to Oranges.

On one hand you've got a horrible organization and a choice between the lesser of two evils..

On the other you have an incredible organization with a pick of the litter when it comes to offensive minds.

Hue Jackson is just one name off of the top of my head that would be better than Cameron in my opinion and I'm sure there's a dozen up-and-coming names that I'm not even aware of in NFL circles.

I trust Ozzie and Company to do the right thing, but I think Cameron is one of Harbaugh's boys and I think that's the only reason he's still around. I think it's very telling that they went over John's head and brought Caldwell into the mix.

Anyways... I trust Keith Law's opinion more than any of the apologists in the local media or on here...

The O's stink and will for the foreseeable future. You can treat the symptoms all you want, but nothing will change until you get to the root of the problem (Peter the Great).

All that's left to do is complain on here about how our childhood love has forsaken us.

This is like the Cam Cameron situation. Everyone wanted MacPhail gone, and now we wish he was back. Everyone wants Cam gone, but maybe he is better than anything out there.

The difference is, the Ravens recognized this while the Orioles did not. (actually, the O's did, but MacPhail ran for the hills.)

MacPhail definitely said no. There was a big push to retain him.

If he ran the team like a GM ten years ago it would still be the most up to date GM we have had in twenty years.

Interesting, could you spell out the difference in how a team was run 10 years ago compared to today? What are GMs doing differently then they were doing 10 years ago and what specifically is Duquette doing that is different from all the other "progressive" GMs?

It's definitely still too early to tell. We will know a lot more this time next year but I will say that teams like TB and TEX probably aren't hiring 80 year olds to man key FO positions. That is the only thing I can point to right now that is a difference.

Once again, the O's and Duquette are in the position of having to prove Law wrong, not the other way around. Give Law credit. He's putting himself out on the line about Wada. However much I don't like it, I have to assume Law is right until, hopefully, proven wrong. The stuff about Angelos, his sons, and the Stockstills, just reinforces what we already believed to be true. Everyone says the O's are dysfunctional. Even the Baseball America Prospect Book takes a swipe at Angelos for not creating a cohesive baseball program, instead having separately functioning units. We all know where the buck stops, and deservedly so. Law isn't being unfair until his opinions about the Orioles and DD's moves are proven to be offbase time and again. Can anyone provide a list of Law's opinions about the Orioles that were proven to be unfair and off base? I didn't think so.

Very well said

They get blasted plenty and it's never done any good. If they were coming up with some new evidence, it would be decent.

Does hearing "Angelos is a horrible owner and the Orioles are a piss-poor organization" all the time really do anything about it? As I said in my last post in this thread....EVERYONE who is at least a casual baseball fan knows the Orioles suck and the majority know it sucks because our ownership sucks. We suck...we get it. Unless the Keith Law's of the world have something new to add to that, I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

Maybe nothing ever changes. Maybe the team stays in the Angelos family for generations to come, insuring the organization never sees a winning season again. But I'm pretty darn sure if anything is to change, it'll change faster when enough fans demand it. I'm not going to lay back and accept it. I'm fed up. And I'll criticize and harp and crush this organization with every opportunity I have as a fan to do so, when I feel the organization's actions call for it. And I have no problem if others do the same, when there is ample opportunity. I'll also happily praise the organization for good things that happen, if that ever does happen. I haven't had much opportunity lately, though.

It's definitely still too early to tell. We will know a lot more this time next year but I will say that teams like TB and TEX probably aren't hiring 80 year olds to man key FO positions. That is the only thing I can point to right now that is a difference.

Which guys are 80?

Once again, the O's and Duquette are in the position of having to prove Law wrong, not the other way around. Give Law credit. He's putting himself out on the line about Wada. However much I don't like it, I have to assume Law is right until, hopefully, proven wrong. The stuff about Angelos, his sons, and the Stockstills, just reinforces what we already believed to be true. Everyone says the O's are dysfunctional. Even the Baseball America Prospect Book takes a swipe at Angelos for not creating a cohesive baseball program, instead having separately functioning units. We all know where the buck stops, and deservedly so. Law isn't being unfair until his opinions about the Orioles and DD's moves are proven to be offbase time and again. Can anyone provide a list of Law's opinions about the Orioles that were proven to be unfair and off base? I didn't think so.

No one is arguing any of this. Why are you acting like Law gave some type of great insight. All of this has been well-publicized before. the difference is Law's hatred for Duquette makes him out to be some out of touch bumbling fool, yet he's only four months into the job and has already enacted more change with the core of this organization than any Orioles GM during Angelos' reign. Whether Duquette is making the proper changes will be determined in the future, but before I start kneeling down and praying to the Law God for his infinite wisdom and fore site, I'm going to give Duquette's changes a chance.

Maybe nothing ever changes. Maybe the team stays in the Angelos family for generations to come, insuring the organization never sees a winning season again. But I'm pretty darn sure if anything is to change, it'll change faster when enough fans demand it. I'm not going to lay back and accept it. I'm fed up. And I'll criticize and harp and crush this organization with every opportunity I have as a fan to do so, when I feel the organization's actions call for it. And I have no problem if others do the same, when there is ample opportunity. I'll also happily praise the organization for good things that happen, if that ever does happen. I haven't had much opportunity lately, though.

The fans have already demanded it by not coming to games. It's not going to matter. Angelos is always going to run things how he sees fit. You can harp, *****, and complain to your heart's content but at the end of the day, the only chance the Orioles have is if someone like Duquette is able to enact enough change to put the organization on the right track. So far, it appears he has way more ability to enact change within the organization. Whether that change is good or not will be determined in the future, but complaining over past transgressions gets us nowhere.

Archived