• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think his little bit of a chance he had has to almost be run out. I was actually pulling for this guy at the start of ST.

Yeah, almost no chance. When you SO that much there's almost no way he can ever get enough at bats. It would never happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Nobody put words in your mouth.  I asked you questions.  That you can't answer them should suggest to you how thought out our positions are. 1) The goal is the World Series.  What makes you think it isn't? 2)  That's the most generic statement possible that is impossible to analyze, 3) So Elfin, Burnes, Bradish, Cano, etc.  don't count because you don't want them to count.  But other than that, he's got a bad track record of trading..... .like what trade?  Are we all supposed to go insane and only evaluate one trade- the Rodgers trade- in the most hyperbolic terms necessary to justify our hyperbole? 4) So we judge him for hypothetical trades that we didn't make and can't even be analyzed?  LOL. Flaherty was a worthless trade?  This is the same Flaherty that started Game 1 of the World Series this year, right? Oh, so you just want to cry about Rodgers ad nauseum?  Cry ahead. So you want to fire the most successful GM we've had since Pat Gillick but you haven't even thought about who'd you replace him with?  And wouldn't even bothered until he was fired?  You understand how stupid that is, right?
    • I think he’s all in. That’s why I have hope that he will resign Burnes and add some veteran offensive a talent to help the team play better in October 
    • This is as plausible a theory as any other that has been trotted out since the end of the regular season and it's one I fully subscribe to. Personally however, I think restraint is advisable when it comes to comparing his historical business leadership to his newfound role as 75 year-old billionaire owner of a a sports franchise.  Especially given his demonstrated propensity for dancing on the home team dugout during the seventh inning stretch.
    • Noted … I’d much rather have Teoscar. They would need to determine if Profar is the 2024 player or prior. 
    • Stop putting words in my mouth!    1) The goal needs to be the World Series 2) We need to spend wisely …but we need to spend 3) Oh Stop ….i gave him credit for Eflin and Burnes. The others were during the rebuild and selling trades. Which I said in my response to you,  4) It’s not one trade …. He’s tried to get help2 deadlines now. Beyond Eflin at two deadlines he’s done little to help the team reach the ultimate goal.    His moves in 2023 were Jack Flaherty who was basically worthless and Fuji who was so inconsistent that he’s not even pitching in the majors. Did I forget anyone? He did little to help an offense that was struggling mightily in 2024. He gave a lot away this deadline. They got Eflin but most everything else was mediocre or worse. The Rogers deal was just horrible. And why was he shopping in the bargain bin pile. Rogers was a 4.5 ERA starter before the trade which really wasn’t an upgrade and he crapped the bed after he got here.    I’m undecided over who I’d go after to replace Elias when the times comes.
    • In the estimation of bitter donkeys whose primary purpose for posting is to complain and criticize: infinite.
  • Popular Contributors