ORIOLES vs. D-RAYS 4/01

OFFNY

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zach Phillips now pitching for the Birds.

Chen went 5 innings and gave up 7 runs, including 3 homers. In fairness, a couple of those runs were J.J. Hardy's fault after he booted a double-play grounder. But still, it's an awful final outing of spring training for Chen.

Has Chen looked this bad all spring? I'm kinda worried about him.

In fairness, yes he caught a bad break. He only gave up three earned, but look at his line. Two walks, no K's and sometimes guys are going to make mistakes behind you. That's when you step it up and take over the game. He didn't. The Rays don't have an overpowering offense yet he was hit pretty hard. He just doesn't impress me.

Can they just f&^%ing cut Gregg already? He's been used sparingly, in low-leverage situations, and doesn't even do well there. What would they get back in a trade for him, anyway? I'm tired of looking at him. He constantly looks like he doesn't give a f^&%.

Can they just f&^%ing cut Gregg already? He's been used sparingly, in low-leverage situations, and doesn't even do well there. What would they get back in a trade for him, anyway? I'm tired of looking at him. He constantly looks like he doesn't give a f^&%.

They owe him 5.8 mil and probably want to get some kind of return on their investment. Not saying i agree with it, but what can ya do?

Has Chen looked this bad all spring? I'm kinda worried about him.

I've been trying to sound the warning call after he got lit up last time by minor leaguers but no one seemed to care. Everyone's preoccupied with whether Wada makes it as the fifth starter over Matusz. This guy leaves a lot to be desired and he hasn't missed many bats lately.

They owe him 5.8 mil and probably want to get some kind of return on their investment. Not saying i agree with it, but what can ya do?

I don't know why they think they'll get any kind of return on their investment. The Orioles would get a better return if they were paying Gregg to pitch against them.

Archived