So, Gregg got booed during pre-game introductions

ChaosLex

I agree with ChaosLex - booing Kevin Gregg was classless. And there are some pretty venomous and classless statements about Gregg here. We should reserve our "hate" for something that justifies it. IMO, being a bad pitcher doesn't meet that standard.

I completely agree with this. It was an absolutely classless display. I felt really bad for Gregg.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aubrey Huff said negative things about Baltimore, what has Kevin Gregg said or done?

He's had multiple quotes throwing his teammates under the bus, saying fans need to develop a "taste" for his pitching style, and not taking responsibility for when he screws up. For instance, there was one quote by that idiot last year where he said that Lee, Guerrero and Reynolds weren't prducing the way the club expected them to. Just way out of bounds for a guy who hasn't produced anything worth a damn himself. The booing was definitlely justified imo.

Not surprised. I told my father when they were going through the pitchers' intros that he would get booed.

It was the same thing with Mike Gonzalez. You blow a fair amount of saves, you're not going to have happy fans. You blow a fair amount of saves on a team that has continually had poor bullpen performances, especially by closers, and the booing will become magnified.

He's had multiple quotes throwing his teammates under the bus, saying fans need to develop a "taste" for his pitching style, and not taking responsibility for when he screws up. For instance, there was one quote by that idiot last year where he said that Lee, Guerrero and Reynolds weren't prducing the way the club expected them to. Just way out of bounds for a guy who hasn't produced anything worth a damn himself. The booing was definitlely justified imo.

Source on the multiple quotes? And what teammates?

Source on the multiple quotes? And what teammates?

I'm too lazy to look up sources but if I was going to put in the effort I'd start with the OH. It seems like I can remember lots of complaining last year about Gregg not taking responsibility and blaming others for his bad outings. I may be wrong, but I don't think MarylandAaron's statement is too far off base.

I wouldn't boo him either. He hasn't been a very good pitcher that's for sure, however I couldn't help but love the way he helped incite the near brawl with the BoSox last year at Fenway. That was awesome!

I have been thinking about this a lot. I think this event really pissed Showalter off. We didnt throw at any RedSox afterwards that series even after we got hit 4 freaking times. I think Showalter must of thought Gregg was a tool. Showalter has shown no fondness for him since. And he didnt get many innings in spring training.

I think Showalter uses him in easy situations and hopes he does decent so we can trade him to someone who might be willing to pay half his freight.

Booing is fine. But really not on opening day. Why do it then. He might be a much better pitcher this season.

I think the fans have every right to boo whomever they want, whenever they want. They pay for that privledge, so I do not see it as classless. I did not join in the booing, but I understand the sentiment. As an earlier poster mentioned, I recall some negative comments about teammmates. I think they were in the paper late in the season after he lost the closer's job.

Archived