So, Gregg got booed during pre-game introductions

ChaosLex

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although I don't agree with the booing of Gregg, at least some of his detractors were able to point to certain negative things he had said. Has Reynolds ever done anything as an Oriole to make him a bad teammate?

Apparently playing bad defense makes you the embodiment of evil.

It's ridiculous to boo him or anyone else, just for being on the Opening Day roster. It embarrasses us all as a fan-base. Period.

I wouldn't have done it but I can't be critical of anyone who did. The guy flat out sucks and seems like someone who cant take a hint. There were some good traits from him last season -- punching Ortiz and I heard he was a good guy to have in the BP from a character POV but beyond that he is probably the least-liked Oriole right now and probably top 5 least-liked players in the history of the team.

If the O's didn't have a crazy history of sucky closers and terrible bullpens consistently losing us games, O's fans wouldn't have been so harsh on him. I think it's safe to say O's fans are sensitive to a bad bullpen. We can feel it before it even happens.
You think we have a bad bullpen this year?

That he is not a MLB level closer. He has alluded to this many times in interviews.

It doesn't bother me that Gregg has enough self-confidence to believe he can be the closer. I mean, I don't think he is a very good closer, but I don't hold it against him that he has a bit of moxie.

Archived